Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kearns rips Cincinnati fans...

Re: Kearns rips Cincinnati fans...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Dan Kearns that is (Austin's father)

Washington Post

"I'm telling you, those Nationals fans made a difference for him," Dan Kearns said. "They talk about Cincinnati being a great baseball town, but they look for you to strike out so they can boo. Here they were, Washington, in last place, and they cheered everything."
    Wow, Dan Kearns has caught on to us. How did he find out I get my jollies driving two and a half hours and forking out a hundreds bucks or so just to boo people.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    "I just got convinced that the team was going in the right direction," Kearns said.
    Translation: "The Nationals offered me a boatload of guaranteed money that I'm in no position to turn down."
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

I have no problems with Kearns, either, and wish he were still in RF for the Reds.

As far as his dad goes, that's just a dad talking. It has to hurt to hear fans booing and cussing at your son.

I wish him the best, except when he's playing the Reds!
    Last edited by Always Red; 03-07-2007 at 03:34 PM.

Reds fans are frustrated by a six-year slide after decades of living high on the hog. DC fans are in "Yippee, we've got a team!" mode.

Though Cincinnati should be careful not to become known as the little Philadelphia. It's become a bit of tough environment for young players.
    Last edited by M2; 03-07-2007 at 03:33 PM.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

I think Austin feels a lot bigger now that he's in Washington and away from all the booing.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

As usual with Kearns, he accepts no responsibility for anything and blames his struggles on someone else.

Cruisin' for trouble

It just seems that Austin got too "comfortable" in Cincy. If it takes a trade to wake him up, then I wish him the best and hope that happened.

Then again, he just signed a lucrative deal. Sounds like he's feeling comfortable again.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    If you want to watch Deno play, I can recommend some hotels in Louisville.
    HA! HA HA!, but true, I doubt that Denorfia makes the opening day 25 man roster.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds View Post
    It just seems that Austin got too "comfortable" in Cincy. If it takes a trade to wake him up, then I wish him the best and hope that happened.

Then again, he just signed a lucrative deal. Sounds like he's feeling comfortable again.
    He was way too comfortable after his first half of his rookie season. Kearns then got fat and lazy and didn't show up to play in shape. I think many cincy fans think he squandered his talent. If you want fans to be happy when you are in last place what kind of competitor are you?

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Though Cincinnati should be careful not to become known as the little Philadelphia. It's become a bit of tough environment for young players.
    With every losing season that passes, Pete Rose moves just a bit faster and hustles just a bit harder in people's memories.

If the Reds don't win a pennant soon, fans are going to start believing he was on first base before the ball was even pitched.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    If the Reds don't win a pennant soon, fans are going to start believing he was on first base before the ball was even pitched.

You mean, he wasn't???

Can he be stopped?

Its so funny how much Washington is Reds EAST. I didn't know Boone was the Nats' director of player development... who's next? Uncle Carl?
    Tom Shearn... who knew?

Reds reccord when I attend in 2007: 6-1

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Translation: "The Nationals offered me a boatload of guaranteed money that I'm in no position to turn down."
    The Nats do have the new stadium opening up next year, so that should hopefully give the team a bit of bounce in terms of payroll. But yeah, losing Soriano and getting nothing for him would not exactly lead me to the same conclusion that Kearns came to.

got alil captain in u?

someone tell mr.kearns maybe we wouldn't boo if he stayed healthy and would show some work ethic and not aggitate us when he comes into camp over weight

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    I know I wish Austin Kearns was still striking out for us in RF.

Imagine the defense in the OF with Denorfia and Kearns. Makes me weak in the knees, and brings a tear to my eye.

Ah, what might have been.
    Huh? Kearns has a very good arm and makes plays on the balls hit near him. But he doesn't cover a lot of ground. When Freel took over in right field last year, it was obvious that he was getting to many more fly balls than Kearns did.

Indeed I'm sure that one of the reasons Krivsky obviously wanted to move Kearns was that an outfield of Griffey, Dunn and Kearns was, collectively, just too slow.

Turn Off Ads?