Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reds Top 15 Assets

Reds Top 15 Assets

Who are the Reds 15 biggest assets? This factors in all variables, including performance, salary, contract status, age, projection, etc. If you had to rank the Reds' 15 best chips in a trade (not that you'd want to trade any of them), how would you rank 'em?

My list goes like this:
    1. Homer Bailey RHP
    2. Aaron Harang RHP
    3. Edwin Encarnacion 3B
    4. Adam Dunn LF
    5. Jay Bruce RF
    6. Bronson Arroyo RHP
    7. Joey Votto 1B
    8. Brandon Phillips 2B
    9. Bill Bray LHP
    10. Ryan Freel OF
    11. Johnny Cueto RHP
    12. Travis Wood LHP
    13. Josh Hamilton OF
    14. Chris Denorfia OF
    15. Drew Stubbs CF

I guess in retrospect, you could also call this list a "Top 15 Prospects" of the whole system, only including guys at the major league level. Not that guys like Dunn, Harang, and Arroyo could qualify as prospects, but the same criteria they use for the "Top Prospect" lists ie performance, maturity, projectability, etc. you could use for this list. What do you think? How would you rank 'em?
    Last edited by Benihana; 03-07-2007 at 04:31 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Top 15 Assets

Good list. With the current market for pitching, I'd say Arroyo is worth more than Dunn. Also, considering his age and contract status (1 year left), I'd leave Freel off the list.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

1. Westley's brains
    2. Fezzik's strength
    3. Inigo Montoya's steel
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Whoever "CC" is from C. Trent's blog updates?

Might stick David Ross down there before Deno, but otherwise a very good list...
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Thanks, I think lists like this really allow you to gauge the values of various trades. I have David Ross, Paul Janish, and Chris Valaika as the three who just missed the top 15.
    Last edited by Benihana; 03-07-2007 at 05:08 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Whoever "CC" is from C. Trent's blog updates?
    Some chick who sits in that particular row of seats.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Dunn is way to high on your list, I think the Reds would gladly trade him if they could get anything decent in return. I dont think he has much value at all, he has admitted that he hasnt worked hard in the past and makes way too much money for what he brings to the table.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Dunn is way to high on your list, I think the Reds would gladly trade him if they could get anything decent in return. I dont think he has much value at all, he has admitted that he hasnt worked hard in the past and makes way too much money for what he brings to the table.
    maybe, but do you really think a Brandon Phillips would ever fetch more than Dunn in a trade? I disagree that Dunn is overvalued because he doesn't have a longterm deal, he is only tied up for two more years.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    maybe, but do you really think a Brandon Phillips would ever fetch more than Dunn in a trade? I disagree that Dunn is overvalued because he doesn't have a longterm deal, he is only tied up for two more years.
    I would take Brandon Phillips everyday of the week over Dunn but thats neither here nor there. Dunn is completely overvalued at the 10+ million Dollars a year and that diminishes his trade value. How many overpayed players do you see being traded for something worthy? If Dunn is serious about a new attitude toward working and improving then maybe he increases his value, until he proves it I dont think his value is high.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

#16....We'll sneak up on clubs this year as no one expects us to be anything more than a distant 5th place in the Central Division.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    Some chick who sits in that particular row of seats.
    Um, yes. I know.

I was listing her as a potential asset...

Ah.

Makes all the routine posts.

Um I dunno we have only ever seen her back and C.Trent hasn't even confirmed whether he was wearing glasses at the time. I'd say she is in the same boat as Wifrin Obispo - ie. its rumoured to be true.

I would put Cueto in my top ten, overall a good list though.

Turn Off Ads?