Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would you...Bailey for Kazmir?

Would you...Bailey for Kazmir?

Would you trade Homer Bailey straight up for Scott Kazmir right now? Interesting question given the Reds brass' history with Kazmir. I don't think I would, given Kazmir's proximity to free agency, and the fact that the Reds are built to contend in 2008/2009/2010 more than this year.
    Last edited by Benihana; 03-07-2007 at 04:14 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Would you...Bailey for Kazmir?

I need to see Kazmir's contract.

Off hand, I'd say no. Kazmir's injury last year kind of scares me as being a long term problem or a lingering injury. You add in that Kazmir isn't as cheap as Bailey and that, like you said, they are better built to contend on Homer's time frame, and it's a little easier to pick Homer.

Go Blue!
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Nope.

Bailey's size portends to better long term success.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Roster churn for the sake of roster churn is never a good thing.
    Hurts the team and all that.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

No. Bailey has too much upside. Kazmir is really good but not worth trading Bailey at this point. I wouldn't mind sending Milton, Belisle, and just about anybody else in that shoddy bullpen to get Kaz. That is a pipe dream but a nice young, talented rotation. Harang, Arroyo, Bailey, Kazmir and who cares!
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

As much as I love Kazmir, I have to say no. Like was mentioned earlier, his injury worries me.

I'd rather invent a time machine and go back and hold a gun to Obie/Lindner's respective heads and make them draft the kid. Ohhhhh how sweet he would look right now pencilled into our rotation!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

No, but I'd trade Chris Gruler for him
    Go Gators!

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

No.

I would rather the Reds take a chance on their own prospect. I am really starting to have some serious man love for HB.
    "And the fact that watching him pitch is like having someone poop on your soul." FCB on Gary Majewski

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I'd rather invent a time machine and go back and hold a gun to Obie/Lindner's respective heads and make them draft the kid. Ohhhhh how sweet he would look right now pencilled into our rotation!
    You mean draft him like they drafted Sowers?

How'd that work out?

Man Pills

Yes. Without thinking twice.

No. Homer has the better frame, is cheaper, and will have a better career IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Yes. Without thinking twice.
    Same here.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Same here.
    at this time last year i would have. but not now.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    No. Homer has the better frame, is cheaper, and will have a better career IMO.
    Homer also has the control problems of Bea Arthur.

Turn Off Ads?