Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Browns sign Steinbach

Browns sign Steinbach

7 year deal, huge dollars

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Browns sign Steinbach

Was just on Sportscenter - I believe it was 7 yrs/$49 million with $17 million in guaranteed money.

Poor Steiny. Signing a huge contract with the Browns is like finding the tiki idol on a trip to Hawaii with the Brady Bunch. Better tell him to watch out for spiders and Vincent Price.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Poor Steiny. Signing a huge contract with the Browns is like finding the tiki idol on a trip to Hawaii with the Brady Bunch. Better tell him to watch out for spiders and Vincent Price.
    Or like playing for the Bengals for all but the last couple of years.

You have to feel that the Browns O-Line will be much improved with Steinbach in the fold. The Bengals can slide Whitworth in to replace him, but the Browns line would have been even better if Bentley would be back this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Is Bentley not going to be back next season?

Way too much money for an offensive lineman not named Pace or Muñoz.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Is Bentley not going to be back next season?
    He'll be back. In fact he has been working hard and should easily be on schedule.

I continue to say - if the Browns improve their O-line, they vastly improve this team. They have some talent up there.

It will be interesting to see who the Browns will select with the #3 pick.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

For those who wanted the Bengals to sign Adalius Thomas, the Patriots have just done that.

I think the Browns will end up selecting Brady Quinn. He makes more sense with the O-Line improvements.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    He'll be back. In fact he has been working hard and should easily be on schedule.

I continue to say - if the Browns improve their O-line, they vastly improve this team. They have some talent up there.

It will be interesting to see who the Browns will select with the #3 pick.
    I've read multiple places that Bentley is not going to play at all in 2007. He might possibly be done for his career.

Here is what Rotoworld wrote on Feb 21st.

"LeCharles Bentley's next round of surgery won't take place until May or June.
    Bentley has to rehab for three-to-four more months just to strengthen his knee enough for more surgery. That has to be frustrating. The former Pro Bowler is going to miss the 2007 season and his career is in jeopardy. The Browns are not considering releasing him at this point."

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    I've read multiple places that Bentley is not going to play at all in 2007. He might possibly be done for his career.

Bentley has to rehab for three-to-four more months just to strengthen his knee enough for more surgery. That has to be frustrating. The former Pro Bowler is going to miss the 2007 season and his career is in jeopardy. The Browns are not considering releasing him at this point."
    Wow! I hadn't ready anything on Bentley in over month; but had read that he was progressing ahead of schedule. What you've posted is depressing.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post

Wow, what a disaster.

Goodbye Steiny,

I wouldn't miss you!

Signed Carson Palmer and Richie Braham's knees

All kidding aside, this is a good signing for Cleveland. The fact that Derrick Dockery (sp?) got the exact same money from Buffalo and is half the player Steiny is, this deal is actually very good for Cleveland. Time will only tell if he can stay healthy (OIC-only in Cleveland curse).

No doubt they overpaid, but this is a good signing for the Browns.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Wow! I hadn't ready anything on Bentley in over month; but had read that he was progressing ahead of schedule. What you've posted is depressing.
    Yeah, I've been reading the same kind of stuff at ohio.com (Akron Beacon Journal Website). They had a blurb as late as 2/25 mentioning Bentley's career hanging in the balance.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?