Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sports Talk Rumor

Re: Sports Talk Rumor

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    A unrelated Reds rumor but one that gave me quite a chuckle. It seems Toronto was looking to add a starter to it's rotation. The Jays inquired about Leiber from the Phillies. The Phils said Leiber could be available but they wanted Alex Rios in return. I almost swerved into oncoming traffic when I heard that. Maybe the Jays would take Milton for Rios.
    Well that's what the Phillies want, but they wont get that. I know your post was in jest, but Toronto wont be trading Rios for Lieber, let alone Milton.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I wonder if the Phils would trade Jon Lieber for Chris Denorfia. That might be worth exploring.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    I wonder if the Phils would trade Jon Lieber for Chris Denorfia. That might be worth exploring.
    That would be an awful trade IMO.

Deno is going to be cheap for the next 3-4 years (under contract for 6) and offers the potential to be an above average starting CF. The Reds aren't really on the brink of being a WS contender, so I don't see the need to go all out for this year by trading the future for a guy that may only help this season (and that may be a stretch with Lieber).

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8 View Post
    Milton to Toronto for a case of Molson, a bag of milk, 2 cups of Tim Horton's coffee and a Wayne Gretzky 8x10.
    I'd take the Timmy Ho's coffee by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    How about Milton for old pal Royce Clayton?

I can't wait to see some of the heads exploding over that one.

No need to trade Milton for an infielder....the Nats just released Womack... Krivsky could sign him and use Milton as trade bait for another catcher...
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanfalcon View Post
    Rios got hurt last year, but he has a history (albeit brief) of staying healthy. Rios is in Leatherpants terms, "a five tool player." We all know how those players often turn out.
    The injury he had was an odd one too. Hit by a pitch and the seam from the ball made a small cut, which turned into what IIRC was a staph infection.

Why trade Milton just give him away? Heck, if I were the Reds I'd offer to pay 70% of the remaining contract just to get him off the roster!

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    How about Milton for old pal Royce Clayton?

I can't wait to see some of the heads exploding over that one.
    Lmao sad part is I would do it without a 2nd thought, Clayton's a cheaper cut to let go of
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Turn Off Ads?