Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hello, I am a Yankees fan.

Bubba Crosby's #1 Fan

Hello, I am a Yankees fan.

First of all, I am Bubba Crosby's biggest fan. I followed him on the Yankees and I like him so much I will be following the Reds as a second team now. I have about 12 autographs from Bubba and I have his Yankees player shirt (got it customized). I can't wait for tonight, I get to watch Bubba finally on YES. If stats don't lie it looks as if Bubba is really tearing it up in ST so far.

So, I will be with you guys until Bubba goes to another team!

I belong to countless numbers of message boards- many of them being vbulletin. But, on these boards I can't figure out how to get an avatar. I can't find it in the CP. Also, you can't have images in your sigs?

Thanks,
    Ben

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hello, I am a Yankees fan.

Welcome, Ben.

No, no images in your sig. Those eat bandwidth and the site owners pay for the hosting.

The avatars are for "ORG Members" only (those with 200 rep points or more). You earn "rep points" through your quality of posts. Those with 200 rep points or more, ORG posters, have the ability to "rate" your posts and give you either positive or negative rep points. Make sense? Probably not, but you'll catch on. Again, welcome.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Hello Ben, welcome to RZ.

You have to have 200 rep points to get an avatar, and we don't currently allow images in signatures.

Can I ask, why Bubba Crosby?

RL beat me to it.
    Last edited by Joseph; 03-07-2007 at 04:32 PM.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Are you the guy with the Bubba blog that C. Trent keeps mentioning?

If so, well, your dedication is... uh... impressive.

Bubba Crosby's #1 Fan

Bubba hustles and plays every game like it is his last. That is something all players should aspire to do. I am familiar with these reputation points as I belong to the Denver Broncos message board and they have a similar system called Contributor points. They don't really mean much though, other than building a rep on the site. So you get 1 point per? So 200 people have to RP me?

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaCrosby View Post
    I am familiar with these reputation points as I belong to the Denver Broncos message board and they have a similar system called Contributor points. They don't really mean much though, other than building a rep on the site. So you get 1 point per? So 200 people have to RP me?
    Well from there it gets kind of complicated....

I forget how rep points are calculated. But you get 'x' amount of points per 1000 posts, 'x' amount of points per the total rep you have, and probably some more if you have a blog about Bubba Crosby (just kidding).

Anyway, each member of ORG has a different "strength" of rep to give. Some people can give you rep and you gain 20 points, others give you rep and you get 2 or 3 points. You don't earn rep points just for posting, though, which is sounds like what they do on that Denver site you mentioned. You have to be given rep by an ORG member to have your total go up. Like I said, you'll catch on and start to understand as time goes by.

Example: I have 18,729 posts and a total rep (right now) of 1213. My rep "power" is 18 points meaning if I give someone positive rep, their rep goes up 18 points. You need to get to 200 to get into ORG and get an avatar. Everyone starts at 10 points by default.
    Last edited by Red Leader; 03-07-2007 at 04:45 PM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Old Red Guard Reject

Alright, you got me wondering too....again, why Bubba other than hustle? Secondly, why the Denver Broncos being from NY?
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Bubba hustles and plays every game like it is his last. That is something all players should aspire to do. I am familiar with these reputation points as I belong to the Denver Broncos message board and they have a similar system called Contributor points. They don't really mean much though, other than building a rep on the site. So you get 1 point per? So 200 people have to RP me?
    I was beat to the punch. See above.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    Well from there it gets kind of complicated....

I forget how rep points are calculated. But you get 'x' amount of points per 1000 posts, 'x' amount of points per the total rep you have, and probably some more if you have a blog about Bubba Crosby (just kidding).

Anyway, each member of ORG has a different "strength" of rep to give. Some people can give you rep and you gain 20 points, others give you rep and you get 2 or 3 points. You don't earn rep points just for posting, though, which is sounds like what they do on that Denver site you mentioned. You have to be given rep by an ORG member to have your total go up. Like I said, you'll catch on and start to understand as time goes by.
    Here it is from the "instruction manual"
    When someone registers as a member at RedsZone, they begin with a default reputation score of 10. These members are free to read any forum, but cannot yet post at The Old Red Guard. In order to do so, they must reach a reputation score of 200, in addition to being a registered member for at least 30 days and having a minimum of 60 posts. Only members who can post in The Old Red Guard can affect reputation.

Members are able to assign reputation values depending upon his or her reputation power. Reputation power is derived from multiple factors - not all members assign the same value. For each year a member has been registered as a member of this site, they receive 1 power point. For every 4000 posts a member has made, they receive 1 power point. For every 150 reputation points a member has accumulated, they receive 1 power point. A member may be ranked both positively and negatively. This will, in effect, allow the community to moderate itself. Negative reputation only detracts HALF of what a positive reputation remark adds to a user's score.

Bubba Crosby's #1 Fan

Denver Broncos- I had family members working for CBS when they did the playoffs and my family got a lot of free stuff. They gave all of the Broncos stuff to me. When I got into football I decided to watch some Broncos games and I have been obsessed for 6 years!

Newman- Bubba was so easy to root for. He had all the qualities that I appreciate in a player. He and Robinson Cano are my two fav's. So members start with 10 RPs or did I just get 10?

EDIT: NVM about the 10 RPs.

Thanks HumnHilghtFarneyFreel!
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Denver Broncos- I had family members working for CBS when they did the playoffs and my family got a lot of free stuff. They gave all of the Broncos stuff to me. When I got into football I decided to watch some Broncos games and I have been obsessed for 6 years!

Newman- Bubba was so easy to root for. He had all the qualities that I appreciate in a player. He and Robinson Cano are my two fav's. So members start with 10 RPs or did I just get 10?

EDIT: NVM about the 10 RPs.
    Yep, you start with 10 reputation points.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Everyone starts with 10 as the default.

Also, a little FYI, it's not a good idea to ask for rep points, or complain that someone subtracted (ie neg'd) rep points from you. That doesn't go over well on the boards.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Bubba Crosby's #1 Fan

Right. Has anyone taken pictures of Bubba in ST? I can't find any.

Right. Has anyone taken pictures of Bubba in ST? I can't find any.
    You ever been to Louisville?

Turn Off Ads?