Turn Off Ads?

Thread: How soon till Votto arrives?

Plan to be spontaneous Jefferson24's Avatar

How soon till Votto arrives?

He seems to be doing well so far this spring. I'm really excited about him. I would love to see him sooner than later. I'm assuming it's highly unlikely he makes the team out of spring training but do you think he's a late season call up or should we expect him a little sooner. I think if we are on pace to be below 500 and not a contender by mid June we should call up Votto and Bailey (if he's not up already).
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Re: How soon till Votto arrives?

Probably the first time the roster expands, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him called up if the team really falters.

september 2007 unless Hatty falters, which is somewhat likely. Hatty has an every other year thing going and with his age he could very easily fall of the planet in terms of offensive performance.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

As much as I would LOVE to see Votto playing for the Reds, it wouldn't do much for his growth to have sit on the bench. If he will get some time in September, then I say bring him up. Otherwise, he is still the 1B of the future and can play every day in the minors.

He sure looks like he's not over matched in the least in ST though. Of course, some of those guys pitching to him are minor leaguers as well.

I'm toolsy.

I know this is very selfish of me, but I am looking forward to seeing A LOT of Votto in Louisville this year. The thought of Votto, Bailey and Co. makes this Louisville Bats fan smile!!

Realistically, I think that Hat and Conine are entrenched at 1B for the season and it makes no sense to throw Votto into that mix now. Votto is primed to take control as the starting first sacker for the big club next year. I would think that he would get some MLB ABs in September though.

Here's to great years for The Reds and all of their farm teams!!!!!

I think the reds have him scheduled to come up in september but I think Votto plays his way onto the roster earlier. Votto is really the first minor leagurer, since Dunn, who can provide an offensive spark sitting in AAA.

I am hoping he stays in L-ville long enough to make a trip to Durham so I get to see him play in person! I love seeing the young guys come up through the minors. Also a good chance to meet them and get an auto!!! I had a buddy who pitched for Lousiville a few years ago, and when they came to Durham, got to meet many on the team, and even go out for drinks with a few of them afterwards.

Joey Votto has no shot of making the team out of Spring Training. He has less of a shot than Bailey does. That being said, unless Hatteberg and/or Conine get hurt, Votto will not appear in Cincy until September, which is a very likely possibillity because he is on the 40-man roster already. The only minor leaguer I see popping his head in Cincinnati, barring injuries, is Bailey, who I see coming in May or June.
    Reds record while I was in attendance in 2006: 7-2
    Reds record while I was in attendance in 2007: 2-0
    Reds record while I'm in attendance in 2008: 0-1
    "I wish the stadium was filled up every night." - Bronson Arroyo, Cincinnati Enquirer - February 9, 2007

I'll go with middle of 2009

Gotta take it slow with those darn kids
    Go Gators!

No half measures, Walter RedEye's Avatar

I think Votto determines his own course for 2008. If he mashes in AAA, he's likely to be our starting 1B going into next spring.

2007 largely depends on Hatteberg, Conine, and the Reds overall performance. I do think he's likely to get a September call-up either way.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

If it were up to me, Votto would be the starting first baseman on Opening Day. Sadly, I'm not in charge, so it will probably be July at the earliest when we see Votto in Cincinnati.

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    I think Votto determines his own course for 2008. If he mashes in AAA, he's likely to be our starting 1B going into next spring.

2007 largely depends on Hatteberg, Conine, and the Reds overall performance. I do think he's likely to get a September call-up either way.
    I agree if the Reds are out of it by the All Star break I think you will see some teams looking for a bat off the bench. Both Hatte and Connine fit that bill which would than leave a slot open for Votto.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    If it were up to me, Votto would be the starting first baseman on Opening Day. Sadly, I'm not in charge, so it will probably be July at the earliest when we see Votto in Cincinnati.
    I agree with you. He seems ready to me. I'd like to see him in Cincinnati as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I would say the same exact thing, with the very latest being in September. Although Opening Day 2008 I would think would be the Krivsky answer.

Turn Off Ads?