Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extra Innings - Dish Network or Direct TV carrying it?

Extra Innings - Dish Network or Direct TV carrying it?

Does anyone know if a deal has been confirmed on this? I thought I read awhile back that only one company was going to carry EI??

My cable company has not carried it for the last several years so I am thinking of switching to a dish.

Thanks!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Extra Innings - Dish Network or Direct TV carrying it?

Directv has a contract for the exclusive rights for the next several years. I doubt that will not change, but there is a small chance, legal and/or FCC action might change that. Small as in less than 1 percent chance.
    Last edited by RBA; 03-08-2007 at 10:35 AM.

I don't think anything is official at this point.

I am out of market and DISH told me that they do not have their sports package in my area that would give me Fox Sports Ohio or Cincinnatti. Are there any other options? I am going nuts here. I have not missed this many games in 10 years.
    Last edited by Hey Meat; 03-08-2007 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Meat View Post
    I am out of market and DISH told me that they do not have their sports package in my area that would give me Fox Sports Ohio or CiIncinnatti. Are there any other options? I am going nuts here. I have not missed this many games in 10 years.
    I would think they would black out the Reds game even if they gave you FSN Cincinnati.

Nothing is official yet but according to today's Los Angeles Times the deal with Directv is imminent and could be announced as soon as today.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseba...ck=1&cset=true

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Nothing is official yet but according to today's Los Angeles Times the deal with Directv is imminent and could be announced as soon as today.
    ... been hearing that everyday for the last month.

Thanks everyone!

I'll decide what to do a week or so before the season starts!

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Meat View Post
    I am out of market and DISH told me that they do not have their sports package in my area that would give me Fox Sports Ohio or Cincinnatti. Are there any other options? I am going nuts here. I have not missed this many games in 10 years.
    You'd have to get directv, and get the MLB extra innings package. A sports pack won't do it.

I still think this is a raw deal. I have been getting MLBEI for the last several seasons and now this year I can't! I can't get a dish with the way my house sits. This is BS!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamDunn View Post
    Does anyone know if a deal has been confirmed on this? I thought I read awhile back that only one company was going to carry EI??

My cable company has not carried it for the last several years so I am thinking of switching to a dish.

Thanks!

I see you are in Northern Kentucky and you are most likey in the Reds Market. Unless you want extra innings to view other teams outside the Reds, you will get no benefit from the Extra Inning package. Both Dish and Directv should be able to provide you Fox Sports Ohio/Cincinnati for all Reds games broadcast marketed broadcast. You will not be able to see the Dodgers at Reds if Los Angeles Fox Sports is only carrying the game.

It is looking like a done deal. One of SI's writers says it will be announced today a 7 year $700 million dollar exclusive deal to Directv.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...3/08/directtv/

Doesn't look good.

http://www.skyreport.com/

I feel like I just got slapped in the face by MLB. 27 years of being a devoted fan and now this. Boo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    I see you are in Northern Kentucky and you are most likey in the Reds Market. Unless you want extra innings to view other teams outside the Reds, you will get no benefit from the Extra Inning package. Both Dish and Directv should be able to provide you Fox Sports Ohio/Cincinnati for all Reds games broadcast marketed broadcast. You will not be able to see the Dodgers at Reds if Los Angeles Fox Sports is only carrying the game.

I want it to watch the Evil Empire (Ok, Derek Jeter).

Turn Off Ads?