Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extra Innings - Dish Network or Direct TV carrying it?

Re: Extra Innings - Dish Network or Direct TV carrying it?

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    You'd have to get directv, and get the MLB extra innings package. A sports pack won't do it.
    Thanks, I figured that out after 45 minutes on the phone last night. This is wrong. Bud Selig you suck. You are creating a monopoly. Watch out boys, this is a sign of things to come for all sports, NFL Channel? I think you will see similar actions from all major sports in the next few years.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Krash View Post
    I feel like I just got slapped in the face by MLB. 27 years of being a devoted fan and now this. Boo!!!
    I think they are counting on you going to MLBAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Meat View Post
    Thanks, I figured that out after 45 minutes on the phone last night. This is wrong. Bud Selig you suck. You are creating a monopoly.

Creating?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

While I sympathize with some cable subscribers, let me say this. I HAD to get a dish to get MLB EI, my local cable company wouldn't carry it. That being said, I think Directv will improve the product since it got an exclusive. And I don't agree with the monopoly sentiment either. Dish and Cable were give more than ample opportunity to match, or beat Directv's bid.

Quote Originally Posted by Krash View Post
    I still think this is a raw deal. I have been getting MLBEI for the last several seasons and now this year I can't! I can't get a dish with the way my house sits. This is BS!
    Here is the announcement. http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....143&highlight=

Call your cable company and tell them to ante up, the provision is there if they want to. No one is creating a monopoly, it's a question of whether cable and Dish want to agree to the deal or not.

While I sympathize with some cable subscribers, let me say this. I HAD to get a dish to get MLB EI, my local cable company wouldn't carry it. That being said, I think Directv will improve the product since it got an exclusive. And I don't agree with the monopoly sentiment either. Dish and Cable were give more than ample opportunity to match, or beat Directv's bid.
    My Bad, you are so right. You would be shocked if I told you that I am an Economics Teacher.

Here is the announcement. http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....143&highlight=

Call your cable company and tell them to ante up, the provision is there if they want to. No one is creating a monopoly, it's a question of whether cable and Dish want to agree to the deal or not.
    Thanks, a good buddy of mine who is a Red Sox fan just called me and filled me in already.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Meat View Post
    My Bad, you are so right. You would be shocked if I told you that I am an Economics Teacher.
    I'm certified in Economics too............ I just don't get dish network and cable. They griped and moaned about the impending deal being a monopoly. Now they are griping that they can't match it. I think the proper term is they WON'T match it.

Turn Off Ads?