Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 3/8 Reds-Tigers Lineups

3/8 Reds-Tigers Lineups

From C. Trent's blog ...

SARASOTA, Fla. -- Back home nice and early.

Here's the lineup:

Freel CF
    Hateberg 1B
    Encarnacion 3B
    Dunn LF
    Phillips 2B
    Hamilton RF
    Gonzalez SS
    Ross C
    Harang P

And here's the guys who lost to the Cardinals... and jeez, with this lineup, I'm still not sure how that happened
    Granderson CF
    Polanco 2B
    Sheffield LF
    Ordonez RF
    Rodriguez C
    Inge 3B
    Shelton 1B
    Infante SS
    Robertson P

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 3/8 Reds-Tigers Lineups

Ya know, if this were the regular season, I'd say I don't hate that lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Gainesville Red View Post
    Ya know, if this were the regular season, I'd say I don't hate that lineup.
    I'd agree with you. But if this were the regular season, we'd somehow get blown out 14-3 with that lineup just because we said we didn't hate it.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

They both look pretty close to regular season lineups. Nice.

When is Jr going to get some game action?

Not that he still can't be ready for the regular season or anything, it'd just be nice peace of mind to see his name in the lineup one of these days.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I'm realling liking the Reds lineup...on paper and so far on the field as well. As for Detroit, wow...they look great on paper too. I had a blast going up to Comerica last year to see the Reds play.

Anyway, who's going to be providing the play by play on here for us guys at work?
    "Rounding Third and Heading for Home"

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post

Not that he still can't be ready for the regular season or anything, it'd just be nice peace of mind to see his name in the lineup one of these days.
    Yeah, what he said...

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post

I want to see Junior in there as much as anybody, but there's just no need to run him out there this early in Spring Training and risk him re-injuring that hand.

A player of his caliber doesn't need four weeks to get ready to go. Give him 10-14 days and he's good to go.

I'd rather see him in Cincinnati come April 2nd than see him in Sarasota on March 8th.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    I want to see Junior in there as much as anybody, but there's just no need to run him out there this early in Spring Training and risk him re-injuring that hand.

A player of his caliber doesn't need four weeks to get ready to go. Give him 10-14 days and he's good to go.

I'd rather see him in Cincinnati come April 2nd than see him in Sarasota on March 8th.
    I totally understand where you're coming from, and I agree with that last sentence, but wasn't Jr. supposed to be fully recovered like 2-3 weeks ago?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

They always list Junior as "day to day" no matter what his injury is. So, we'llnever know.

Aren't we all DAY TO DAY??

Though the honest intel coming from the Reds on injuries makes Bill Belichick look like the town gossip

You cannot defeat an ignorant man in an argument!
    -William Gibbs McAdoo

Though many of us here are sure trying

Good test for Harang today should be a good game both teams fielding potent lineups.

Not trying to rip Jr. here, but shouldn't the organization make some kind of statement about his status. He hurt his toe late last season, they called it day to day and he started no more games. He broke his hand in the off-season, they announced he was all healed and now, March 8, he still hasn't appeared in a ST game. I, as a fan, would really like to know if he is going to play and when. The truth would be nice.
    Where we gonna go?

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Good test for Harang today should be a good game both teams fielding potent lineups.
    Harang actually played REALLY well last year against the Tigers on Sunday. He kept them scoreless into the 8th I believe, and then had an error while trying to underhand a ball to first base, which allowed to runner to reach. I can't remember exactly, but I think that runner ended up being the winning run.

At any rate, Harang was impressive.

According to the Cinci Enquirer, Junior and Dunn hit against Loshe in his simulated session. Narron said that Junior looked like someone who hasn't played in awhile. Meanwhile, Junior is still reporting some soreness in the wrist.

Turn Off Ads?