Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Mallory to throw out the ceremonial pitch.

redsgabp

Mark Mallory to throw out the ceremonial pitch.

Mark Mallory :thumbdown

I dont base this off black vs white or republican vs democrat, but Mallory????

Here is a idea for the reds.
    Why not Joe?

You know what Joe I'm talking about!

For his age and health, this may be his last Opening Day.
    Why not give him the honor?

Granted he would have to throw it from like 10 feet away.
    But it would be the loudest cheer for Joe and it would be the way to honor a true Cincinnati Red!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mark Mallory to throw out the ceremonial pitch.

This is at least the fifth year in a row that a politician is throwing out the first pitch on Opening Day. I'm sick and tired of it. For an owner that talks about tradition a lot, he sure seems to ignore it when it comes to one of Cincinnati's highest honors...

Joe's a no-brainer choice. There have to be other forces at work here.
    Last edited by rotnoid; 03-08-2007 at 09:50 PM.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

:thumbdown
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Man Pills

What difference does it make?

Is this much vituperation really necessary? Where was this venom when Big Carl was running his brownshirts through Cincy year after year to throw out the first pitch?

redsgabp

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    What difference does it make?

Is this much vituperation really necessary? Where was this venom when Big Carl was running his brownshirts through Cincy year after year to throw out the first pitch?
    this is baseball.

honor baseball people.

how many more political people do we need to showcase in cincy?

He'll probably be throwing out one ceremonial pitch out of 25. I'd say there might be a few baseball people sprinkled in there but I agree Joe needs to be a focal point on Opening Day health permitting.

1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

Not to be morbid...but this could be Joe's last opening day, he's battling cancer again.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

College Kid

I have no problem with politicians throwing out the first pitch. Who honestly didn't get chills when GW43 went out and did so at Yankee Stadium in 2001?

But perhaps a little strategery on the part of Mr. Castellini should have been in order...

"Mr. Mallory, of course I'd like you to throw out the first pitch, so let me know when you do something about the mud hole next to the stadium, and we'll talk..."

Who is Mark Mallory?

Quote Originally Posted by ND_redsfan10 View Post
    But perhaps a little strategery on the part of Mr. Castellini should have been in order...

"Mr. Mallory, of course I'd like you to throw out the first pitch, so let me know when you do something about the mud hole next to the stadium, and we'll talk..."
    Great first post. Welcome to the board.

I think it would be a nice touch to see Joe throwing out the first pitch I know I would be pumped up about it and I am sure many fans would be too. It's not about whether or not you want a politician doing it or not. As mentioned here earlier one of the most powerful moments in baseball was seeing GW throw that strike from the mound as a symbol of strength. It's really about doing the right thing and honoring one of our own for his time, committment, and service to the fans and the Reds.

Why the objection to Mallory? He's the Mayor of Cincinnati...W was the guy to throw the first pitch last year, right?

So consider it political balance.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Quote Originally Posted by ND_redsfan10 View Post
    Awesome
    Go Gators!

I have always been more concerned with who toes the rubber after the ump yells Play Ball!

Turn Off Ads?