Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does WLW regret canning Furman??

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Re: Does WLW regret canning Furman??

of course wlw should regret canning Furman...he was canned for a stupid reason....creating controversy-thats why he was hired!!!--and now that the handpicked successor has rejected them...they are in a hole....of course, they cant re-hire Furman...so what?? Paul Daugherty?? c'mon...no way he can handle having to talk to the "little people"....let me also agree with everyone that while being a class act and ultra-nice guy (I have met him and know this to be true); Seg Dennison cannot handle a daily show...the way he stammers and stumbles is unexcusable for a "professional" broadcaster...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1966 View Post
    of course wlw should regret canning Furman...he was canned for a stupid reason....creating controversy-thats why he was hired!!!--and now that the handpicked successor has rejected them...they are in a hole....of course, they cant re-hire Furman...so what?? Paul Daugherty?? c'mon...no way he can handle having to talk to the "little people"....let me also agree with everyone that while being a class act and ultra-nice guy (I have met him and know this to be true); Seg Dennison cannot handle a daily show...the way he stammers and stumbles is unexcusable for a "professional" broadcaster...
    I don't think Gamble was "handpicked" he just happened to be the easiest solution to the problem at the time. I think they should raid 1460 out of Columbus for his replacement. My choice would be Mike Ricordati. Mike has also recently drawn the ire of the Columbus Blue Jackets, for calling the organization out as a failure.

Lifted from their website: Mike has been with The Fan since 2003. In addition to co-hosting Spielman on Sports from 12-3pm, he can he heard during the first hour of The Big Show from 3-4pm with Bruce Hooley. 2006 marks his 10th year working in radio, holding down gigs in Chicago, California, and here in Columbus. Mike has managed to win three Silver Microphone Awards . . . although we believe he cheated. In his spare time, Mike fills in for various hosts on ESPN Radio and does voice-over work.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I nominate Lewis Billups for new sportstalk host. No other reason really than just because I haven't had the opportunity to make any Lewis Billups jokes in quite a while.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I nominate Lewis Billups for new sportstalk host. No other reason really than just because I haven't had the opportunity to make any Lewis Billups jokes in quite a while.
    There'd b a lot of dead air...

College Kid

I've been away from Cincinnati for most of the past seven months, what is Tom Gamble's current status? Is he returning to 1530? I was very disappointed when the Angry Guys broke up; I know their insight is generally short-term and their approach immature at best, but I LOVED the show.

I think the market for sarcastic, surface-level commentary they used to provide is larger than the market for "quality" sportstalk radio - especially at those hours in the morning.

Whoever tagged Lance as the best local talent was right on. 1530 needs to make sure that man is paid.

geemac

Furman will probably not last very long at 95.6. He must have about 30% of the listeners he had on WLW with its 50,000 watts and also on XM. He doesn't have Seg Dennison to do all his leg and grunt work for him. The number of sponsors on his show also seems small.
    Lance has far the best sports talk show in the area. He should get the 3-6PM
    time on the big one

Quote Originally Posted by geemac View Post
    Lance has far the best sports talk show in the area. He should get the 3-6PM
    time on the big one
    Burbank's body isn't even cold yet...
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Furball was doing his show at one of the hotels I was staying at in Sarasota (the Hyatt). Unfortunately, I didn't find out until it was time to checkout.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

I just think they need to patch up with Trumpy and give him a studio in his Glendale home.

Problem is, I think Trumpy did this:

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Trump was the greatest. He PLAYED the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan61 View Post
    Trump was the greatest. He PLAYED the game.
    So did Tracy Jones...

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    I just think they need to patch up with Trumpy and give him a studio in his Glendale home.

Problem is, I think Trumpy did this:
    What did Trumpy do?
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Turn Off Ads?