Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Homer Bailey got rocked!

Re: Homer Bailey got rocked!

Where's the posts from last year where people thought we should call up Homer?

Listen, I'm not going to sit here and say that Homer doesn't have MLB potential, but I continue to laugh at people who think he's ready to pitch on the MLB level. Give him some time for crying out loud.

thats ok, neither has justin verlander or cole hamels. All of which will be just fine.
    The only difference is that they've actually shown what they can compete with MLB hitters.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post

Listen, I'm not going to sit here and say that Homer doesn't have MLB potential, but I continue to laugh at people who think he's ready to pitch on the MLB level. Give him some time for crying out loud.

The only difference is that they've actually shown what they can compete with MLB hitters.
    We should have called him up last year, wouldn't have hurt a thing and may have helped get us into the playoffs. If you are going to pass judgement on Homer for a spring training performance then we all should be drafting Josh Hamilton number one in our fantasy leagues.

DTCromer...I never said he should come up last year, BUT, he would have a better shot at getting hitters out consistently RIGHT NOW in the major leagues, than, say, Eric Milton. No question in my mind. And four innings on the spring hasn't changed that opinion for me at all.

That said, there are decent reasons to start him at AAA, and I am glad they will. But come June or so, when Milton or Lohse is clipping along at a 6.00 ERA, I will want him up then. No doubt about it.

Lets see. Bullpen imploding. Most dominant pitcher in the minors in organization. First chance at contention since 1999. No, lets trade some of our best run producers for 3 stiffs, a hurt guy and Bill Bray.

No. No reason to call for him at all. (I was for leaving him in the minors BTW, but I can't knock the logic.)
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Bailey was in midseason form last year. He was locating his curveball and his fastball.
    This spring, he wasnt locating his fastball at all.

I was not one who wanted to call him up last year, but I think he would have done much better last year than he did this year in spring.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

homer's fine....this actually plays right into what the front office wanted....let homer go to louisville...pitch a half to full season at AAA and then throw him in the rotation....the kid may not be showing major league stuff in ST but he has a major league make-up....he'll be fine...

Turn Off Ads?