Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Narron wants to see Cueto pitch

Narron wants to see Cueto pitch

CUETO COMING: Right-hander Johnny Cueto, the Reds' pitching prospect a beat behind Homer Bailey, will pitch in a big-league game this spring. "You can write that Jerry Narron wants to see him in a game," Narron said.

Cueto, a 21-year-old from the Dominican Republic, was named the organization's minor-league pitcher of the year for 2006. He combined to go 15-3 with a 3.00 ERA in stops at Single-A Dayton and Sarasota.

Cueto is a little guy - 5 feet 10, 183 pounds - but he throws up to 95 mph. He struck out 143, allowed 100 hits and walked 46 in 138 innings last year.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...90413/1071/SPT

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Narron wants to see Cueto pitch

Thank you for the timely and informative post. It is good to know that our Manager, wants to see Cueto. I find it interesting that he wants that quoted. I'm hoping he has had an eye on him all along. Cueto is immensely talented, and pitches like he has a cab outside the ballpark with the meter running. It's my hope that the "Skip" has been in the know, and isn't asking for quotes around this because someone just mentioned the guy. Please forgive any sarcasm, it is aimed at management.

Cueto passed Bailey? Sounds like Bailey is stagnating abit. Though not entirely unexpected.

I think any manager would want to guage what one of his top prospects looks like against major league hitters. Heck I would love to see Bruce get a few AB's late in a game even though I know he's not ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    Cueto passed Bailey? Sounds like Bailey is stagnating abit. Though not entirely unexpected.
    stagnating? he's pitched bad in 2 spring training games, but he still might be the best pitching prospect in the minors. what was unexpected though was ur post.
    "I hate SF."

-Mat Latos

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    CUETO COMING: Right-hander Johnny Cueto, the Reds' pitching prospect a beat behind Homer Bailey, will pitch in a big-league game this spring. "You can write that Jerry Narron wants to see him in a game," Narron said.

Cueto, a 21-year-old from the Dominican Republic, was named the organization's minor-league pitcher of the year for 2006. He combined to go 15-3 with a 3.00 ERA in stops at Single-A Dayton and Sarasota.

Cueto is a little guy - 5 feet 10, 183 pounds - but he throws up to 95 mph. He struck out 143, allowed 100 hits and walked 46 in 138 innings last year.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...90413/1071/SPT
    THAT IS AWESOME. I can't wait to see/hear him pitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Looking at the outcome of Homer Bailey's performance is easier than having been there. He imploded. Yet, I still have no doubt about his future. If anything, this was a reminder to the Reds management, that he's not 21 yet. This kid will pick it up and learn from it. Watch for his next outing, he'll be there. And Cueto gets a longer look. I don't see any down-side from this.

Turn Off Ads?