Thread: Brad Delp of Boston has died

Re: Brad Delp of Boston has died

Are those things even fixable, WOY?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Are those things even fixable, WOY?
    8 tracks?

My wife has a friend who collects them.... sad habit that is.

Remember the lovely transactions between tracks if it cut a song?

LALALA --------- CLICK----------LALALA

Stellar technology it was.

Never did like the fact that the 8 tracks sometimes cut off in between songs. That's why I never got a car or stereo with an 8 track.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Never mind the nostalgia connected with 8-tracks, I polled a group of college students a few months ago, and some of them didn't know what a cassette was. I'm not kidding.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Apparently, it was a suicide

Family: Rocker Brad Delp's death was suicide.
    By Associated Press Writer | March 14, 2007

CONCORD, N.H. --The family of Brad Delp, the lead singer for the band Boston, said Wednesday his death was a suicide.

"He was a man who gave all he had to give to everyone around him, whether family, friends, fans or strangers," the family said in a statement relayed by police. "He gave as long as he could, as best he could, and he was very tired. We take comfort in knowing that he is now, at last, at peace."

Delp, 55, died Friday at his Atkinson home. Police have said his fiancee, Pamela Sullivan, found him.

Toxicology tests by the state medical examiner's office showed that Delp committed suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning, said Lt. William Baldwin. Delp also left two notes taped to a door and letters to his family and Sullivan.

Baldwin said police do not know the contents of the letters because they were sealed.

The family's statement said Sullivan, Delp's children and their mother, his ex-wife Micki Delp, were grateful for the sympathy they had received and asked that their privacy be respected.

Brad Delp joined Boston in the mid-1970s and sang two of its biggest hits, "More than a Feeling" and "Long Time."

Delp had planned to marry Sullivan this summer during a break in a tour with Boston. A lifelong Beatles fan, Delp also played with a tribute band, Beatle Juice.

Beatle Juice performed a benefit last year to help build a new public library in Atkinson, a small town of about 6,000 residents on the Massachusetts border.

The family said last week it planned a private funeral followed by a public memorial to be scheduled later. Family and friends directed donations to the American Heart Association in Framingham, Mass.
    Stick to your guns.

That's sad Chili. Really doesn't sound on the surface like things were going poorly for him either. Touring this summer, engaged...

It's just so hard to tell when people hit these types of dark places.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Re: Apparently, it was a suicide

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    Family: Rocker Brad Delp's death was suicide.
    By Associated Press Writer | March 14, 2007

CONCORD, N.H. --The family of Brad Delp, the lead singer for the band Boston, said Wednesday his death was a suicide.

"He was a man who gave all he had to give to everyone around him, whether family, friends, fans or strangers," the family said in a statement relayed by police. "He gave as long as he could, as best he could, and he was very tired. We take comfort in knowing that he is now, at last, at peace."

Delp, 55, died Friday at his Atkinson home. Police have said his fiancee, Pamela Sullivan, found him.

Toxicology tests by the state medical examiner's office showed that Delp committed suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning, said Lt. William Baldwin. Delp also left two notes taped to a door and letters to his family and Sullivan.

Baldwin said police do not know the contents of the letters because they were sealed.

The family's statement said Sullivan, Delp's children and their mother, his ex-wife Micki Delp, were grateful for the sympathy they had received and asked that their privacy be respected.

Brad Delp joined Boston in the mid-1970s and sang two of its biggest hits, "More than a Feeling" and "Long Time."

Delp had planned to marry Sullivan this summer during a break in a tour with Boston. A lifelong Beatles fan, Delp also played with a tribute band, Beatle Juice.

Beatle Juice performed a benefit last year to help build a new public library in Atkinson, a small town of about 6,000 residents on the Massachusetts border.

The family said last week it planned a private funeral followed by a public memorial to be scheduled later. Family and friends directed donations to the American Heart Association in Framingham, Mass.
    That makes this whole situation even sadder. It makes you realize that with the deaths recently of both Brad Delp and comedian Richard Jeni by their own hand that the fame and fortune they both enjoyed was not enough to fill the emptiness inside. I recall a quote from the guitarist for Grand Funk Railroad a man named Mark Farner. When discussing all the trappings of success Mark Farner said this...

"It didn't bring me no joy, it didn't bring me no happiness because money can't buy it."

Very wise words.

"It didn't bring me no joy, it didn't bring me no happiness because money can't buy it."
    ...and yet we all have friends who are chasing the almighty dollar at the expense of all else. At what point do they figure it out?

'I am a lonely soul,' singer says in suicide note

ATKINSON, New Hampshire (AP) -- Brad Delp, the lead singer for the band Boston who killed himself last week, left behind a note in which he called himself "a lonely soul," according to police reports released Thursday.

The note was paper-clipped to the neck of Delp's shirt when police found his body at his Atkinson home, on the bathroom floor, his head on a pillow. He had sealed himself inside with two charcoal grills; toxicology tests showed he had committed suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning.

"Mr. Brad Delp. J'ai une ame solitaire. I am a lonely soul," the note read.

Delp joined Boston in the mid-1970s and sang two of its biggest hits, "More than a Feeling" and "Long Time." He was cremated Wednesday, after a private funeral earlier in the week.

His fiancee, Pamela Sullivan, called police March 9 after noticing a dryer vent tube connected to the exhaust pipe of Delp's car. In the garage, police found a note taped to the door leading into the house.

"To whoever finds this I have hopefully committed suicide. Plan B was to asphyxiate myself in my car."

In another note on a door at the top of the stairs, Delp cautioned that there was carbon monoxide inside.

"I take complete and sole responsibility for my present situation. I have lost my desire to live," he wrote. The note also included instructions on how to contact his fiancee: "Unfortunately she is totally unaware of what I have done."

Police later found four sealed letters in an office addressed to Sullivan, his children, their mother, Micki Delp, and another couple whose identity was not disclosed. Police Lt. William Baldwin said police gave the letters to family members without reading them.

Sullivan told police that Delp "had been depressed for some time, feeling emotional (and) bad about himself," according to the reports.

He had planned to marry Sullivan this summer during a break in a tour with Boston. A lifelong Beatles fan, Delp also played with the tribute band Beatle Juice.

I'm 37 and you old coots make me feel young again, regardless of your age.

Thanks!

Turn Off Ads?