Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 5th starter

5th starter

Let me be the first to say Wilson should be handed the fifth starter position, if he's healthy Opening day...by the end of april I think he'll move up to number 3 in the rotation. Im for keeping veteran starters who have a proven track record of getting better as the season goes on. Im a huge Wilson fan. Saarlos is the real deal but I'd take Wilson over him.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 5th starter

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    Let me be the first to say Wilson should be handed the fifth starter position, if he's healthy Opening day...by the end of april I think he'll move up to number 3 in the rotation. Im for keeping veteran starters who have a proven track record of getting better as the season goes on. Im a huge Wilson fan. Saarlos is the real deal but I'd take Wilson over him.
    Wilson is topping out at 84 mph. He's done.

I'd rather see Josh Hamilton as the 5th starter than Paul Wilson.

Yikes!
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Let me be the first to say Wilson should be handed the fifth starter position
    I guess we'll find out if you are the last to say that too.
    Thank goodness for baseball.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Wilson is throwing BP fastballs. He might know how to get guys out, but he's gonna have to work really hard to do so.

I wouldn't mind keeping him around in the minors as an emergency plan, but I definitely don't think I'd like to see him on the opening day roster.

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    Wilson is throwing BP fastballs. He might know how to get guys out, but he's gonna have to work really hard to do so.

I wouldn't mind keeping him around in the minors as an emergency plan, but I definitely don't think I'd like to see him on the opening day roster.
    Ya....I really doubt Wilson will break with the club....he might end up in AAA trying to work his way onto the Louisville shuttle....
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Ya....I really doubt Wilson will break with the club....he might end up in AAA trying to work his way onto the Louisville shuttle....
    We can only wish.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Did Brantley or Brennaman indicate how fast his pitches were today? I still haven't heard, other than folks here saying a number.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Did Brantley or Brennaman indicate how fast his pitches were today? I still haven't heard, other than folks here saying a number.
    The game was on tv, so people are going off the tv stations gun.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    I was quoting the gun numbers shown on mlb tv after every pitch....take 'em for what theyre worth... His fastball was topping out at 85 and his breaking stuff was in the high 70's....
    Last edited by jojo; 03-10-2007 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Hey...nobody is perfect...right?

God. Proven success? He's a nice guy, but outside of one uncharacteristic fluky season he's been junk. Now he's gone through a bunch of serious injuries and you are ready to hand him a rotation spot after 1 good game?

He's probably finished and may not even crack our best 10 starting options. He certainly has to prove himself just like every other guy before he gets a spot.

my opinion

I would start Wilson in AAA for 4-5 starts and see if his comeback is the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by PickOff View Post
    I guess we'll find out if you are the last to say that too.
    First, last, and only is my guess.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Turn Off Ads?