Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Josh Hamilton Article From 6 Years Ago

Old Red Guard Reject

Josh Hamilton Article From 6 Years Ago

http://www.sptimes.com/News/022501/S...er_time_.shtml

Sounds like the All American boy. Of course, at this point, we all know the rest of the story. Let's hope it has a happy ending. Good luck Josh.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Josh Hamilton Article From 6 Years Ago

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post

Sounds like the All American boy. Of course, at this point, we all know the rest of the story. Let's hope it has a happy ending. Good luck Josh.
    Is anyone else starting to get tierd of the Josh Hamilton stories? Don't get me wrong I hope everything turns out for the best.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

i'm getting tired of the 'feel good' stories - yes - getting tired of him? no! i'm super excited that we have him on this team - i think he'll be a real asset - if not this year - then, soon.....

part of BBN

Tony Hamilton figures that after a couple seasons of development, Josh will be hitting 50 or 60 homers a year

30 or 40 would be fine with me !

Quote Originally Posted by hippie07 View Post
    i'm getting tired of the 'feel good' stories - yes - getting tired of him? no! i'm super excited that we have him on this team - i think he'll be a real asset - if not this year - then, soon.....
    agreed
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

Last line in article..

"Put it this way," Tony said. "If this is the worst thing he ever does, I'll be happy."

Yikes!
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

That article has some disturbing elements...

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post

No kidding.

The tattos were the first sign of rebellion. Sounds like he was smothered by his good-natured parents.

From Golden Child to Prodigal Son.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    No kidding.

The tattos were the first sign of rebellion. Sounds like he was smothered by his good-natured parents.

From Golden Child to Prodigal Son.

I was kind of thinking the same thing reading the other articles. Seems to me he was Todd Marinoviched a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    I didn't read the whole article til I read this comment. The whole situation sounds awful to me. It sounds like moving away to college, but your parents live in your dorm with you.

My initial response is, "what in the world were they thinking??" I thought it was ridiculous that his parents traveled for every game and QUIT THERE jobs to watch him play. I'm shocked. They show up at his workouts and practices? To me, this is terrible and makes the drug addiction almost more explainable. This kid's life was dominated by his parents and their expectations.

I REALLY want to know how involved they have been in his life the last 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post
    My initial response is, "what in the world were they thinking??" I thought it was ridiculous that his parents traveled for every game and QUIT THERE jobs to watch him play. I'm shocked. They show up at his workouts and practices? To me, this is terrible and makes the drug addiction almost more explainable. This kid's life was dominated by his parents and their expectations.

Not only that but his mom cooked him dinner every night if you read the Washington Post article. That's just whack. Either they were really smothering him or they had a feeling he would have problems if they weren't around. Probably the former than the latter. Unless you are a shrink, how are you really gonna know if your kid is inclined to substance abuse problems? Perhaps if they would have let him be and he had gone out with the boys after games instead of hanging around his folks, things may not have taken the turn they did.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Love Hamilton but am definitely getting tired of hearing about his story OFF the field. Is anyone else having a difficult time loading this story??
    Here's to another record-breaking season from Adam Dunn ...another 40 homeruns (all coming with nothing on the line) and 200 Ks! We Want King Jay!!

Quote Originally Posted by UGADaddy View Post
    Love Hamilton but am definitely getting tired of hearing about his story OFF the field. Is anyone else having a difficult time loading this story??
    Just scroll down. It looks like it wont load, but it's just a blank page at the top, and the stroy follows it.

Turn Off Ads?