Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: OSU the Oden State University Buckeyes

Re: OSU the Oden State University Buckeyes

Gotta agree with the Guttle. Those BYU games are brutal. Just ask Jeff Bzdelik, the AFA Head Coach. He's in the nit, because of those guys. BYU takes 18 y.o.'s, wait a year and send them on a mission and you can have 21-22 y.o. RS Freshman. Some of the seniors have empty scalps and full families courtside. They get tired, they just run out a new crew of sharpshooters. The X-men by ten.

2. Turn Off Ads?

BYU got badly underseeded. I like Xavier, but they got a poor draw. BYU to me is tough enough to annoy Ohio St. and give them a tougher game than they should have in the second round.

Durant has insane NBA skills -- dribble drive, inside moves, fadeaway jumpers, and excellent 3-point range. His height and long arms make him a fantastic shot blocker.

Oden is big.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    BYU got badly underseeded. I like Xavier, but they got a poor draw. BYU to me is tough enough to annoy Ohio St. and give them a tougher game than they should have in the second round.
    Too true. Saw them tear the wings off of my beloved AFA Cadets/Zoomies. When they get hot outside, they can sling man-hole covers into the hoop. X-Men still by ten. If not, OSU still beats BYU by at least a dozen.

ColoradoHigh

Quote Originally Posted by fargo55 View Post
    Too true. Saw them tear the wings off of my beloved AFA Cadets/Zoomies. When they get hot outside, they can sling man-hole covers into the hoop. X-Men still by ten. If not, OSU still beats BYU by at least a dozen.
    Good point fargo. I'd watch out for byu. They marched over Colorado State, beat Wyoming and TCU. I don't even know where Xavier is, but I am for them.

Xavier is in Cincinnati, so you'll have plenty of company cheering for them on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin Joe View Post
    I know most of you think Durant is good but coaches or ex-coaches from the Big 12 have been raving about the kid all year, Sutton, Knight, Self. I would not be shocked to see him go#1 with or without Oden in the draft.
    Depends on who's picking first.

Personally, I think Oden goes number one if he comes out. Whether or not he comes out, I think, is based on which team wins the lottery. If it's say...Boston, I think he comes out. If it's a team like Orlando, Denver, etc., he may decide to stay another year.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Durant has insane NBA skills -- dribble drive, inside moves, fadeaway jumpers, and excellent 3-point range. His height and long arms make him a fantastic shot blocker.

Oden is big.
    I think Durant is a marvelous player, but that statement understates dramatically the talent and skills Oden has. He is incredibly athletic, is a incredible shotblocker, and has developed already an offensive game far superior to most any acclaimed big man in NBA at the same point in their careers. I don't know whether that makes him a better player or not - that's kinda like asking me if I like pizza or beer better! - but Oden is far more than "just big".
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Turn Off Ads?