Turn Off Ads?

Thread: My Music: The British Beat

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My Music: The British Beat

Has anyone been watching this program being broadcast by PBS during their recent pledge drive. It's hosted by Petula Clark and has such 60's greats as Eric Burdon & the Animals, Gerry & the Pacemakers, the Zombies, Peter & Gordon, Moody Blues, and many, many more. Some really good music, but man do they all look very old. And it makes me also feel old.

http://www.petulaclark.net/britbeat.html
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Re: My Music: The British Beat

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Some really good music, but man do they all look very old. And it makes me also feel old.

http://www.petulaclark.net/britbeat.html
    I haven't seen the program, but my grandfather says he recalls the groups you mention and they were good.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    I haven't seen the program, but my grandfather says he recalls the groups you mention and they were good.
    Methinks your grandpa was probably grooving to the likes of Bennie Goodman and company (who, BTW, I saw play at Riverfront Stadium in 1976 for the Bicentennial with Roberta Flack starting that day - I'd like to say he played first bass, but he played the clarinet

Talk about feeling old...

I once took a college roadtrip to Chastain Park near Atlanta just to see a Moody Blues concert. Didn't even have tickets when we got there--Ended up not only seeing the show, but we got to speak with Justin Hayward through a chain link fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post

I once took a college roadtrip to Chastain Park near Atlanta just to see a Moody Blues concert. Didn't even have tickets when we got there--Ended up not only seeing the show, but we got to speak with Justin Hayward through a chain link fence.
    I think I've shared here that my first concert was the Moody Blues at Cincinnati Gardens (Van Morrison was the opening act). Here's a photo some friend of mine took (although i can't remember who now)

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post

perhaps the greatest venue in the world IMO.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    It's nice, damn nice.. kinda wine and cheese crowd though. For best IMO, I like the Berkeley Greek Theater prior to the expansion, and Frost Amphitheater too.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    It was certainly on my short list...

They gave one of the best concerts I've ever seen back in '81 in Cincy after the release of Long Distance Voyager. Did a Lennon tribute. Their song "Veteran Cosmic Rocker" is about John.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?