Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Golf Clubbing

Re: Golf Clubbing

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    First, what does inelligible mean? I know what ineligible means, but this seems to be a new word? Is it North Carolina slang?

Second, how exactly do you declare these clubs inelligible? Do you announce to the Starter, "Hey Starter, these three clubs are inelligible" or to the people you are playing with or is it to the voices in your head?

"OK Dave, these three clubs are inelligible"
    "OK RFS62, that sounds nice. Did you bring the cheese?"
    "These pretzels sure are making me thristy"
    "These golf shoes hurt my feet"
    "Which clubs are inellllllligible again?"
    "That anal probe really opened things up for me"
    "Did the alien use the 6 iron"
    "Where's the cheese?"

That was actually pretty funny. I used to have 16 clubs with 4 of them being tag-teamed in and out of the lineup. Now, with the new hybrids, and different lofts on my wedges, I have 14 clubs that always stay in the bag. My wedges are 48, 54 (bent to a 53), and a 58. That way the gaps are 5 degrees which equals about 16 yards in distance (every degree approximately equals 3.25 yards for those who are counting at home ). Having a pitching wedge at 48, a SW at 56, and a lob wedge at 60 leaves an enormous gap. Not good. Normally, the gap between irons is 4 degrees, but when you get the wedges, I go with a 5 degree gap so I can carry a longer club like the 17 degree hybrid that I have.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Am I counting correctly or is that 16 clubs?
    I thought you were only allowed to carry 13.
    Nah - he has 13 plus the putter which whats allowed.

He only has a 4-9 irons and 3 wedges (I'm guessing he uses the 52 as his sand wedge). A rescue iron and a 3 woods.

CE - what billing code do you use for REDSZONE?

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post

CE - what billing code do you use for REDSZONE?
    GIK or BOSS
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    First, what does inelligible mean? I know what ineligible means, but this seems to be a new word? Is it North Carolina slang?
    Yes, that's what it is. A new fangled slang designed to confuse and befuddle carpetbaggers and wannabe school marm spelling teachers. Oh, I see it's working.

Second, how exactly do you declare these clubs inelligible? Do you announce to the Starter, "Hey Starter, these three clubs are inelligible" or to the people you are playing with or is it to the voices in your head?

Yes, that's exactly how it happens. You walk up to the starter, who always counts the clubs in everyone's bag, and say "I declare the demon 3 iron INNELLLLIGIBLE!!!!!!"

Then you spin around three times, bark like a dog, and hop on one foot. It's a charming tradition, really.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Am I counting correctly or is that 16 clubs?
    I thought you were only allowed to carry 13.
    I carry the maximum 14, I rotate wedges, my 5 wood, my hybrid and my 4 iron.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Most low handicappers, much less pros like Highlifeman and Redhook, have a few options, like hybrids vs. long irons, or extra wedges with different styles or bounce depending on the course conditions.

You pick 14 to carry when you play. When I'm on the road, I carry about 17 clubs, but declare inelligible 3 when we start playing..
    Redhook's waaaaaaay more of a pro than I am.

My only claim to fame is monday qualifying for Nike Tour event (when it was the Nike before the Buy.com and now the Nationwide) in Dayton.

In terms of club options, my options are different drivers, hybrids/long irons, and wedges.

Turf conditions and wind conditions will really dictate what's in my arsenal that day.

Turn Off Ads?