Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Pros vs Joes

Pros vs Joes

I've never watched this show, but I think it's pro athletes vs regular people competing in some sort of athletic event.

Anyway, Rob Dibble is going to be on it this Thursday (15th). It airs at 10 PM on Spike TV.

Thought some of you might be interested.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Re: Pros vs Joes

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    I've never watched this show, but I think it's pro athletes vs regular people competing in some sort of athletic event.

Anyway, Rob Dibble is going to be on it this Thursday (15th). It airs at 10 PM on Spike TV.

Thought some of you might be interested.
    Is Dibble a Pro or a Joe?
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

My luck I would get matched up with Kobayashi in a hot dog eating contest. And I really don't look all that good with hot dog bits shooting out of my nose. Ewww.

College Kid

I've watched all of ten minutes of that show. One of the dumbest, most contrived reality shows currently on the air. I think I saw John Rocker and Sherryl Swoopes playing goalie against some middle-aged folk.

With that said, Rob Dibble in the net could make for some quality programming.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ND_redsfan10 View Post
    I've watched all of ten minutes of that show. One of the dumbest, most contrived reality shows currently on the air. I think I saw John Rocker and Sherryl Swoopes playing goalie against some middle-aged folk.

With that said, Rob Dibble in the net could make for some quality programming.
    It's not that bad. They put the "Joes" up against the pros in the pro's sport, then an event against the pros in a sport they didn't play. And the Final round is against all of the pros in each of their sports in a marathon style thing.

If you're bored and there isn't much on, it's watchable. The time they had to fight Roy Jones Jr. was definitely entertaining.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

It'd be more interesting if they had the pro's switch and do what the Joe's do 1/2 way through the game.

I saw this last week. You had to tackle Kordell Stewart before he could score. Ok, I get it. IMO it'd be better if they then let the Joe try to score on Kordell Stewart.

I can't watch it, its awful IMO. I think I'd rather turn the TV off and stare at the blank screen.

GL

They once had guys take snaps at running back and try to beat Kevin Greene one on one from the 10 yard line. He crushed all of them until the last guy faked him out.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I'm assuming he's a Pro... the commercial shows him on the mound (not in a Reds uniform) and a guy charging the mound.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Is Dibble a Pro or a Joe?
    Schmoe.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    I'm assuming he's a Pro... the commercial shows him on the mound (not in a Reds uniform) and a guy charging the mound.
    Ah yeah, I think I saw that same drill with John Rocker. You gotta charge the mound and try and get Dibbs to go outside of the circle, kinda like sumo. I'm pretty sure that's how it was.

High five!

I think Dibble may be a regular on the show.

***SPOILER ALERT!!!***
    ***Read no further if you don't wish to know the outcome of this riveting challenge***
    I saw it one night just as the "Joes" were involved in a challenge vs. Dibble. The challenge was pitching through 10 panes of glass setup as a strike zone behind the plate. The Joes had to do it in fewer pitches than it took the pro, in this case, Dibble.

Dibble goes first and it takes him 14 pitches to break all ten. I would say only about 5 of the pitches were in the vicinity of home plate. He was slinging them up there in the mid 80s though.

The first Joe comes up and fireballs it up there in the 25 - 35 mph range (I was unaware that the ball could travel that far in the air at such a low speed) but manages to break all 10 panes in 12 or 13 tries. The second and third Joes failed the challenge. Oddly, one of the Joes was that sportscaster dude Van Earl Wright who seemed like he could throw the ball in any direction as long as it wasn't within a 60 degree arc in front of him. I swear one of his "pitches" went closer to first base than it did to home plate.

I didn't watch long enough to see how anyone did in the "fistfight with your manager in the locker room" challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    I think Dibble may be a regular on the show.

***SPOILER ALERT!!!***
    ***Read no further if you don't wish to know the outcome of this riveting challenge***
    I saw it one night just as the "Joes" were involved in a challenge vs. Dibble. The challenge was pitching through 10 panes of glass setup as a strike zone behind the plate. The Joes had to do it in fewer pitches than it took the pro, in this case, Dibble.

Dibble goes first and it takes him 14 pitches to break all ten. I would say only about 5 of the pitches were in the vicinity of home plate. He was slinging them up there in the mid 80s though.

The first Joe comes up and fireballs it up there in the 25 - 35 mph range (I was unaware that the ball could travel that far in the air at such a low speed) but manages to break all 10 panes in 12 or 13 tries. The second and third Joes failed the challenge. Oddly, one of the Joes was that sportscaster dude Van Earl Wright who seemed like he could throw the ball in any direction as long as it wasn't within a 60 degree arc in front of him. I swear one of his "pitches" went closer to first base than it did to home plate.

I didn't watch long enough to see how anyone did in the "fistfight with your manager in the locker room" challenge.

I saw that one. Dibble did worse than any pro that I have ever seen on that show. It was funny because he was running his mouth when the show started.

Yeah that was the sportscaster one. Sal Masekela, the guy who does the X-Games won it. I personally like the show, seeing people run their mouths then get killed. WATCH THE RANDY COUTURE ONE. He absolutely murders them, almost makes them cry.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Turn Off Ads?