Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds roster moves

Reds roster moves

A few Reds rosters move today from C. Trent's blog

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/

SARASOTA, Fla. -- First off, the roster was trimmed a bit today. LHP Phil Dumatrait was optioned to Class AAA Louisville, OF Chris Dickerson and RHP Calvin Medlock were optioned to Class AA Chattanooga and LHP Jason Kershner and RHP Tom Shearn were reassigned to minor league camp.

There are now 50 players in camp (not including the three injured players, LHP Eddie Guardado, C Miguel Perez and INF Jeff Keppinger.

Lineups here in a bit. Don't see 'em around yet.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds roster moves

No shockers there I don't think.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I was a bit surprised that Dickerson got sent to Chattanooga. (well, not actually Chattanooga, because their not playing there yet). I thought he would start the year in Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by KySteveH View Post
    I was a bit surprised that Dickerson got sent to Chattanooga. (well, not actually Chattanooga, because their not playing there yet). I thought he would start the year in Louisville.
    You're right that Dickerson needs to get to Louisville this year. He isn't young. This is his age 25 season and he's burning options.

But at least one of Deno/Crosby will be sent to Louisville and get the PT there. Maybe both will end up with the bats. Once an injury hits freel or junior and that guy is called up, Dickerson can slide into Louisville.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

No reason for Medlock to be ANYWHERE but Louisville.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Ya can't teach speed...

Quote Originally Posted by KySteveH View Post
    I think that's just a roster thing. The league office requires he has to be on a roster somewhere and for now they are sticking him at Chatt. Anything can still happen before they break camp.
    Last edited by Triples; 03-12-2007 at 01:50 PM. Reason: misspelling

Actually it won't be a roster thing. I've thought all along that both guys would be in AA. They'll be there when the season starts.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Actually it won't be a roster thing. I've thought all along that both guys would be in AA. They'll be there when the season starts.
    I think Medlock gets a shot a closing in AA. Just a guess.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I think Medlock gets a shot a closing in AA. Just a guess.
    That's an interesting possibility. Shafer's gone, and Abe Woody who got half the saves at Sarasota is gone also.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Turn Off Ads?