Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Peter Gammons calls Josh Hamilton a potential future star..

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Re: Peter Gammons calls Josh Hamilton a potential future star..

Ive come to respect Peter Gammons as an "expert"...I used to drink the Kool aid that he was a Red Sox homer, but after actually listening to him the past few years, I realize he knows his stuff--so I'll take his Hamilton opinion as real postive news...

2. Turn Off Ads?
    You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Yep. Gammons has always shown some love for our Redlegs. Yes, he may be a Red Sox fan but he is unbiased. He's by far my favorite baseball writer. I'm glad to see him healthy again and covering baseball.
    Agreed. Gammons exudes a sincere passion for the game as a whole. Hearing him talk about a spring training game with the same vigor as the seventh game of the World Series and seemingly knowing everything about every player. He must love his life.
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1966 View Post
    Ive come to respect Peter Gammons as an "expert"...I used to drink the Kool aid that he was a Red Sox homer, but after actually listening to him the past few years, I realize he knows his stuff--so I'll take his Hamilton opinion as real postive news...

Of course he thought George Lombard was going to be a star too. It seems Gammons has a tendancy to pump up guys from New England.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

It's amazing what 30 something plate appearances in spring training can do for a guy.

Turn Off Ads?