Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How worried should we be?

Re: How worried should we be?

I'm not worried at all. David is continually working in the batting cages each and every day.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    The bad news is that Ross' mitt won't cover a bad hitting performance.
    Um, haven't you blasted Gonzo in the past for being all glove and no stick, yet here you'd be ok if Ross's glove would make up for his stick?

I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Um, haven't you blasted Gonzo in the past for being all glove and no stick, yet here you'd be ok if Ross's glove would make up for his stick?

I'm confused.
    Ross plays a Beanie Baby behind the plate. Any sign of danger, ie getting ran over to make a play, he "drops" or "fails" to catch the ball.

I remember several times last year he did this alone.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodave View Post
    Ross plays a Beanie Baby behind the plate. Any sign of danger, ie getting ran over to make a play, he "drops" or "fails" to catch the ball.

Oh, I know that he dropped the ball several times during crucial plays. I was just pointing out what appears to be a glaring inconsistancy from Edabbs (unless I am misunderstanding something, which is always a possibility).

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodave View Post

Ross is a pathetic receiver. In fact, he doesn't even have the Eddie Taubensee advantage of being a huge target/enormous plate-coverage device. David Ross is the opposite of athletic, too.

Me, I would have gambled on Larue's stick bouncing back a little bit; plus having his athleticism behind the dish could allow him to maintain some value. If Ross's hitting fails, he's useless.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 03-14-2007 at 05:41 PM.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Oh, I know that he dropped the ball several times during crucial plays. I was just pointing out what appears to be a glaring inconsistancy from Edabbs (unless I am misunderstanding something, which is always a possibility).

That was my misunderstanding, but I'm glad you agree with me. Sorry if you thought I was attacking you or anything!

I do believe he might Gonzalez saves runs defensively. He's a ++ defender. Ross needs to create runs, cause he can not prevent them

Gonzo = All Glove, no bat. But thats okay.
    Ross = All....well, If he has a bat..he needs to keep showing it..
    Last edited by Dracodave; 03-14-2007 at 05:48 PM.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

I'm confused.
    Maybe "cover" is the wrong word...maybe I should have said "lessen the negative impact of his poor hitting"?

The biggest difference, however, is that Ross isn't on the books for 3 years and $14 million. That's what I was getting at. 2 years, $4.5 million is a lot easier to stomach if he was a good defender behind the plate with a bad bat.

Turn Off Ads?