Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Josh Hamilton stats so far....

Josh Hamilton stats so far....

Of course I fully realize we are dealing with a small sample size, but here is what Josh Hamilton has done so far:

March 1- 2 for 4 , 2 RBIs, 1 Run, (1 HR)
    March 2- 1 for 4, 1 K
    March 3- 3 for 4, 1 BB, 1 run, (2 doubles)
    March 4- 2 for 3, 1 RBI, 1 run
    March 5- 1 for 1, 1 BB, 1 run
    March 6- Did not play
    March 7- 0 for 3, 1 BB, 1 k
    March 8- 1 for 2, 1 BB, 1 k (triple)
    March 9- 1 for 2, 1 run
    March 10- Did not play
    March 11- 3 for 3, 1 RBI
    March 12- Did not play
    March 13- 2 for 2, 1 BB, 2 RBIs, SF
    March 14- 1 for 3
    March 15 Did not play
    March 16 Rain out
    March 17 0 for 3, 1 BB, 2ks
    March 18 1 for 4, 2 ks, (double)
    March 19 1 for 1
    March 20 Team Day off
    March 21 1 for 3, 1 BB, 1 RBI
    March 22 1 for 4, 1 BB, 1 K
    March 23 1 for 4, 1 RBI, 1 SB
    March 24 0 for 2
    March 25 1 for 5, 2 Ks (triple)
    March 26 1 for 3, 1 Run, 1 assist
    March 27 1 for 2
    March 28 1 for 3, 1 K
    March 29 1 for 3
    March 30 0 for 1
    March 31 2 for 3, 1 RBI, 1 K, (double)

So, through 29 Reds spring training games, 25 of which Hamilton played, he has the following stats:
    BA= .403
    OBP= .457
    Slug= .556
    OPS= 1.013
    BB/K= 8/13

Baseball Prospectus has a short note trying to guestimate his 2007 PECOTA...see this link....basically, they have nothing to go on so they used his last couple full minor league seasons. Their estimate: .254/.306/.409 in 330 PAs....
    Last edited by mbgrayson; 03-31-2007 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Updated stats thru 3/28/07
    This one was a perfect one. I dont know if I can find a better one, better timing. He [Price] really said some great things there. It really encouraged us to go back and do what we do. I didnt know he could speak like that. Brayan Pena 5/21/14

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Re: Josh Hamilton stats so far....

Definitely impressive, even if it is just the spring.

Here's to continued success

Hits in 9 of 10
    Reached base in 10 of 10
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

I'm sorry but this guy can't be getting lucky. 16 for 28 is pretty darn good.

He's facing triple A/AA and big league pitching. I know the big leaguers are "working on stuff" but the triple A/AA pitchers are coming with there best stuff trying to make the club. I think he's the real deal baby!
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

tsk tsk...only one homer, and in one game, he went 0 fer. :

Kidding...I've been rooting for the guy. Our outfield situation has certainly gotten much more interesting with the guy - especially a couple of years down the line.

I'm impressed more by his baseball smarts than by his stats. The major knock on him is 4 years away from the game (besides that whole fear of relapse thing), but he seems to have all the baseball smarts that we'd want him to learn in the minors. He's got Major League Speed, Defense and Baserunning now. He's matured as a person (which is a lot more about what the minor leagues are about than many acknowledge) and its simply a matter of hitting.

I'm still a believer that this team has some real question marks on offense and a high ceiling guy with power is needed. Right now Hamilton is the best chance (besides maybe Votto who won't get an opportunity until later) to provide that.

I think given the team's other shortcomings, I play Hamilton in CF with Deno spotting in and find out what the team really has. IMO playing Hamilton is about building a powerhouse in 2009 and any contribution to 2007 (which I believe is hopeless without the type of surprise shake-up that a guy like Hamilton can contrinute to) is simply a bonus. I play him until he makes it obvious on the field (not in our assumptions) that he shouldn't be out there.

In my mind, Hamilton's Spring Performance has moved my opinion from "prove you can" to "prove you can't."
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I'm impressed more by his baseball smarts than by his stats. The major knock on him is 4 years away from the game (besides that whole fear of relapse thing), but he seems to have all the baseball smarts that we'd want him to learn in the minors. He's got Major League Speed, Defense and Baserunning now. He's matured as a person (which is a lot more about what the minor leagues are about than many acknowledge) and its simply a matter of hitting.

I'm still a believer that this team has some real question marks on offense and a high ceiling guy with power is needed. Right now Hamilton is the best chance (besides maybe Votto who won't get an opportunity until later) to provide that.

I think given the team's other shortcomings, I play Hamilton in CF with Deno spotting in and find out what the team really has. IMO playing Hamilton is about building a powerhouse in 2009 and any contribution to 2007 (which I believe is hopeless without the type of surprise shake-up that a guy like Hamilton can contrinute to) is simply a bonus. I play him until he makes it obvious on the field (not in our assumptions) that he shouldn't be out there.

In my mind, Hamilton's Spring Performance has moved my opinion from "prove you can" to "prove you can't."
    I agree. To me it is really simple. As long as a guy is hitting .571 , he plays.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Yes but how many times did he bunt the runner along. He does have at least one sac fly. That has immense value.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Cruisin' for trouble

I wonder if Hamilton is having an influence on the rest of the club.

Think about this - with Hamilton garnering the lion's share of media attention (with some help from Homer), we have not been subjected to daily reports on Griffey's wrist or speculation about Dunn's strikeouts and fielding prowess.

Hamilton seems to be taking pressure off of Griffey and Dunn while at the same time injecting a new energy level into the team.

Let's hope Josh can handle his turn in the sun better this time.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds View Post

He does have Narron looking after him, so that's a reason to have a little faith.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds View Post

This is a very good point. I have not seen one article that talked about the difficulty that he is going to face when he struggles. Overcoming a drug addiction isn't like learning to comb your hair everyday- this guy's got some real demons to keep hold off.

Hopefully, he's got a good support network around him for those weeks when he can't hit, makes errors and doesn't play like he is this month.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    I'm sorry but this guy can't be getting lucky. 16 for 28 is pretty darn good.
    I agree with your conclusion, but not the premise.

You can't hit .571 without getting some luck. But it can't be all luck.

I mentioned this in another thread, and maybe it needs its own thread, but based on what we have all seen, what we all know, and everything else with Josh Hamilton, what would be a good year from him>?

Is an .850 or so OPS doable?

I am starting to think perhaps it is. With his glove, that would be a supreme asset to this team...

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I mentioned this in another thread, and maybe it needs its own thread, but based on what we have all seen, what we all know, and everything else with Josh Hamilton, what would be a good year from him>?

Is an .850 or so OPS doable?

I am starting to think perhaps it is. With his glove, that would be a supreme asset to this team...
    Let's not get too ahead of ourselve here. A good year for him would likely be doing enough to justify a roster spot.

An .850 OPS for a good fielding CF with speed is in all star territory.

Let's have him prove, during the season, he can actually contribute enough to warrant a roster spot for the full season.

Then we can elect him to the Hall of Fame.

Hey, he'd be a great pickup! We can hope!!
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    Im a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball. - Sean Casey

Turn Off Ads?