Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hamilton's Contract?

Hamilton's Contract?

If...and yes I say if....Hamilton is a star/useful player, what will his contract situation be. Is arbitration still in the cards or will he be a free agent sooner than we think. I have no clue where his contract stands...help please.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hamilton's Contract?

Josh Hamilton of
    1 year (2007)

* signed 2/07
    * acquired in trade (from Chicago Cubs) 12/06
    * drafted # 3 (from Tampa Bay) in Rule 5 draft 12/06
    * sent outright to minors 11/05
    * suspended indefinitely 3/04 for violations of MLB substance abuse policy
    * drafted 1999 (1-1), $3.96M signing bonus
    * agent: Casey Close
    * ML service:

I would guess that he's going to be like any other rookie with the standard options available to them. What is that now, two years before arbitration and then three of arbitration? We've got him for a bit, I believe.

Rookie with no major league time. The Reds control him for six years.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Rookie with no major league time. The Reds control him for six years.
    If this guy turns out to be a diamond in the rough as opposed to pyrite, it will have been a stunningly good move. I'll be keeping my digits crossed.

More and more it looks to me like last season's deadline trade was an outlier.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

3 years before arb really. It's based on your arb at end of season and he won't be in the 2+ group till after his 3rd season
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Josh Hamilton of
    1 year (2007)

* signed 2/07
    * acquired in trade (from Chicago Cubs) 12/06
    * drafted # 3 (from Tampa Bay) in Rule 5 draft 12/06
    * sent outright to minors 11/05
    * suspended indefinitely 3/04 for violations of MLB substance abuse policy
    * drafted 1999 (1-1), $3.96M signing bonus
    * agent: Casey Close
    * ML service:
    All that tells me is he has a one year contract...right??? I was looking for how long the Reds control him, sorry for the vague question.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    All that tells me is he has a one year contract...right??? I was looking for how long the Reds control him, sorry for the vague question.
    They control him for at least 3 years, maybe more. At the cost they and the market determine.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    They control him for at least 3 years, maybe more. At the cost they and the market determine.
    I'm assuming he's really asking how long before he's a FA. That would be 6 years, assuming he never spends time in the minors.

Can't we restructure it so he can go down to the minors?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Not without Wily Mo's permission.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Not without Wily Mo's permission.
    Well now should we ask Bronson?
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Not this year without working out a trade with the Rays, but he could go down after this year. Of course, if he's the real deal, that wouldn't necessarily happen.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go View Post
    If this guy turns out to be a diamond in the rough as opposed to pyrite, it will have been a stunningly good move. I'll be keeping my digits crossed.

More and more it looks to me like last season's deadline trade was an outlier.
    I'm starting to agree with you. Although I have been among Wayne's harshest critics for The Trade, many recent moves have proven that he does not have his head in the sand all the time. Does he have a coherent plan? Maybe not yet. But I'm starting to think he'll have one soon enough.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    I'm starting to agree with you. Although I have been among Wayne's harshest critics for The Trade, many recent moves have proven that he does not have his head in the sand all the time. Does he have a coherent plan? Maybe not yet. But I'm starting to think he'll have one soon enough.
    He has a plan he just doesn't feel compelled to tell every Tom, Dick and Harry what it is. That's my take. In all honesty he doesn't have to tell "us" what it is. He runs the show and he'll do it the way he knows how. I think Wayne has shown that he's in charge and he'll steer left or right how he sees fit. If someone besides Castellini doesn't like that, well...tough. Fans will come out as long as the Reds are competitive. Hopefully attendance will be a bit better this year. Shameful that so many great games down the stretch required so much hype to get anybody to come down to GABP.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Turn Off Ads?