Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C. Trent Rosecrans is a Hoot

C. Trent Rosecrans is a Hoot

This guy is turning into a real treasure. He's developed some great catchphrases, just since spring training started. The first game against the Yankees, when he nicknamed them "Pure Evil". Says it all. Then he's talking about Legends Field: "Leg-GAG-ends" field. His Clowns for Christ Observation was funny too. He picked up on "The Natural" comparisons right away, and refers to Hobbs and Wonderboy.
    McCoy is funny, and he is a great writer, but the thing Rosecrans brings to the game is his energy. How many beat writers have blogged the game during the game? We'll get a quick summary, but his is more comprehensive. And while blogging, he somehow takes the time to actually reply to his feedbacks, talking about old times, etc while presumably also writing his column for tomorrow's newspaper.
    If, as they are saying, the Post is in its final year, I hope that another media outlet recognizes his talent and keeps him on. He has made following the Reds a little more exciting while making you smile. Check him out:
    http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: C. Trent Rosecrans is a Hoot

On the Clowns for Christ video it says "There are a few commons sense things that every clown should know before going into a nursing home...."

1) Don't surprise anyone
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Agreed, Trent is terrific. The man understands what blogging is all about.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

I enjoy his mockery and his insight. No one will be plagerizing his work.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    I enjoy his mockery and his insight. No one will be plagerizing his work.
    His ongoing infatuation with the fan "CC" at Sarasota is hilarious.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

no surprise to me, he was also excellent in his coverage of the Bearcats, and his UC blog had the same humorous edge.

I hope Trent sticks with Cincinnati and the Reds for a while, and doesn't get a hankering to go back to the south...

Have you looked at his picture? You better have a sense of humor when you look like that.

Same reason RFS62 is witty.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Have you looked at his picture? You better have a sense of humor when you look like that.

Same reason RFS62 is witty.
    True, BUT how good looking do you have to be to play Tennis and Golf? I need to give that old codger a call today.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    True, BUT how good looking do you have to be to play Tennis and Golf? I need to give that old codger a call today.
    Call before 3 O'clock - thats when he hits the early bird special at Denny's. Wednesday is Salisbury steak day
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

C Trent from his blog, bottom of the 8th last night:

Nothing too exciting. We have pretty much backups everywhere in this game now. No. 93 is on deck for the Yanks. That tells you about all you need to know. And Bellhorn's at third. They said this season Bellhorn could play three positions, I think it's more accurate to say he can stand at three positions. Or has the right glove for three positions.

If Bellhorn sticks, a lot of the Castro bashers around these parts are going to be begging for Castro play defense instead of Bellhorn. (BTW, I understand it's not Castro per se, it's the amount of $ WK is paying him to be a utility infielder).

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/default.asp

He's also a fan of Sleeter Kinney.
    School's out. What did you expect?

If I were Randy Jackson, I'd tell Trent that I wasn't feeling it. Kinda pitchy. Just ai'ght.

That's if I were Randy Jackson.
    Makes all the routine posts.

That Bellhorne quote had me laughing last night too. I hope we are known as the unstoppables during may, june, and october.

I am loving his blog and he is writing it as a fan and it shows. I am truly impressed by Mr. Trent.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

College Kid

Dittos to what Topcat said. Hopefully C. Trent can continue to thrive for the Post...it's unfortunate (and ironic), but it's blogs and internet news services that have dwindled away the Post's readership the past five to ten years. Hopefully it recognizes the value of having C. Trent aboard.

Turn Off Ads?