Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Who's out of options

Ya can't teach speed... Triples's Avatar

Who's out of options

I'm thinking that veteran marginal (in terms of making the 25) players like Belhorn are out of options. who else is out of options and what does that do to the players in AAA and AA if those players refuse assignment to AAA (if in fact that were to happen.)
    Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona. Not all holes, or games, are created equal. ~George Will

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who's out of options

Depends on what kind of contract they have and if they are not on the 40 man roster

Chad Moeller is probably the only guy on the 40 man roster who is in real danger of being sent down and can refuse it. I guess Cormier is in the same boat. I believe they can refuse an assignment and the reds would be stuck paying them if they caught on elsewhere. Of course, since Krivsky went out of his way to get Moeller, he would be pretty foolish to walk out on the reds without having somebody who wants him on their major league roster and if there is a team that wants Moeller on their roster, I'm sure Wayne would take a ptbnl for him.

For the older guys off the 40 man roster...they don't have to go to AAA, they could retire or try and catch on with somebody else if they want. There's no guarantee on their contract. Bellhorn, Santos, Wilson, Meadows, Lightenberg....I guess Hermanson is "healthy" enough that he belongs here.

Hurt guys like Guardado can stay around till they are healthy.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Turn Off Ads?