Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st game tomorrow for Minor League players

Re: 1st game tomorrow for Minor League players

I dont think you are going to find any of that info kapers. I wish it were available, but it never has been and probably wont be for a long time.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    kapers

I did find this on www.batsbaseball.com

Louisville opened their spring training schedule Thursday with an 8-3 victory over the Indianapolis Indians in Bradenton.
    Tom Shearn started for the Bats and allowed 2 runs on three hits over three innings pitched, striking out four. The Bats pitching staff as a whole did not allow a walk in nine innings of work.

Offensively, Earl Snyder led the way going 2-for-4 with a 2-run home run, and scored two runs. Chris Dickerson also homered for Louisville and scored two runs as well. Jesse Gutierrez was 2-for-3 with a triple and 2 runs scored while Aaron Herr had a double and two RBI for the victorious Bats.

Louisville will play the Norfolk Tides, Triple-A affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles tomorrow beginning at 1:00pm at the Reds Minor League Complex in Sarasota.

This is all the info I got yesterday. Travis pitched 2-IP, 0-H, 1-R, 0-ER, 3-k,
    and 3-BB(ouch). Then Fisher came in and pitched 2-IP, and the only this else I know is Travis said Fish had 2 K's, and 3 ER. Ondrusek came in after that.

He did tell me that Tatum is playing on AAA, and looks like Denove is out for the year. He had Shoulder surgery. He did say BJ is hitting the ball well.

Sorry, that's all I got.
    "Life is like a baseballgame. When you think a fastball is coming, you gotta be ready to hit the Change UP"

Quote Originally Posted by Luvsbaseball View Post
    and 3-BB(ouch). Then Fisher came in and pitched 2-IP, and the only this else I know is Travis said Fish had 2 K's, and 3 ER. Ondrusek came in after that.

He did tell me that Tatum is playing on AAA, and looks like Denove is out for the year. He had Shoulder surgery. He did say BJ is hitting the ball well.

Sorry, that's all I got.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Luvsbaseball View Post

Sorry, that's all I got.
    Thanks for that!

I know someone was corresponding with Pauly a little while ago. Is he in camp?

That was me. Haven't heard from him in about 3 weeks. Last report he sounded optomistic that her would play this year. (that may not mean at the beginning)
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    That was me. Haven't heard from him in about 3 weeks. Last report he sounded optomistic that her would play this year. (that may not mean at the beginning)
    Thanks for the update.

when i was in sarasota i saw pauly in uniform on the field. i forget what he was doing, either shagging flys or pfp.
    "I hate SF."

-Mat Latos

Bats off to quick start

03:12 PM EDT on Tuesday, March 20, 2007

SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) -- The Louisville Bats have won two-of-three in spring training baseball at Sarasota, Florida.

Jay Bruce had a solo homer in the bottom of the ninth to propel the Bats to 4-3 victory over the Rochester Red Wings yesterday.

Jesse Gutierrez went 2 for 4 with a solo home run as well for the winners.

Joey Votto and Earl Snyder each went one for four with a run batted in for Louisville. Dustin Hermanson started for Louisville, going two innings and striking out two. Gary Majewski threw one inning of relief, allowing two runs on three hits. Homer Bailey, appearing in his first game since being reassigned to minor league camp, went three innings, allowing one run while striking out two. Mike Gosling also pitched three innings of relief, striking out five.

Louisville will take on the Norfolk Tides, Triple-A affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles, at Twin Lakes Park in Sarasota today.

http://www.whas11.com/sports/stories....3034d622.html

Good to see Sanchez hitting well. Baseball America seems to like him a lot.

Dragons Spring Training Report - Friday
    03/23/2007 6:04 PM

03/23/2007 6:04 PM -
    The Dayton Dragons hosted the Greenville Drive, the Class A affiliate of the Boston Red Sox Friday afternoon at the Reds Minor League Complex in Sarasota, Florida and the two teams battled to a 9-9 tie. The Dragons came from behind with six runs in their final three at bats to salvage the draw. A trio of potential Dragons stood out at the plate as left fielder Mike Jones picked up a pair of doubles and drove home two runs, third baseman Rafael Sanchez picked up a double and a triple and drove home a run and catcher Tyler Hauschild highlighted a three run Dragons rally with a two run homer as well as adding a single. Dayton used four pitchers on the afternoon, three who have a shot to make the opening day roster and one, Mike Stanton, who got the start on loan from the big league club to get in some extra work. Lee Taber, former Ohio University star Anthony Gressick and Marcos Mateo finished off the afternoon on the hill for the Dragons who will play at Bradenton Saturday afternoon against the Pittsburgh Pirates Class A affiliate, the Hickory Crawdads.

More from Sarasota on Saturday!

http://www.daytondragons.com/pressbo...article_id=254

Dragons Spring Training Report - Saturday
    03/24/2007 4:08 PM

03/24/2007 4:08 PM -
    For the second consecutive day, the Dayton Dragons mounted a late inning rally in spring training play. The Dragons picked up a pair of runs in the top of the eighth inning and pulled out a 3-2 win over the Hickory Crawdads, the South Atlantic League affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates in Bradenton Saturday afternoon. Enmanuel Cabrera’s two run opposite field double that kissed the chalk down the line in left field proved to be the margin of victory and made a winning pitcher of Eric Schaler who pitched the seventh inning for the Dragons. The right hander looked good at the outset picking up a strikeout before struggling with control, allowing a pair of walks a hit batsman and two wild pitches, one of which scored the go ahead run breaking a one all tie.

Sean Watson, a 2006 Dragon got the start for Dayton and pitched 3.2 solid innings striking out three and walking one. The lone hit allowed by Watson was a two out double following the free pass that tied the game at 1-1. Both 2006 Dragon Terrell Young and Ramon Geronimo were impressive, each tossing a shutout inning with a strikeout. The final Dragons pitcher on the afternoon was Nick Wandless, who pitched around an error in the eighth inning with a pick off of a Crawdads runner at second base to get out of a spot of trouble. The right hander also pitched around a ninth inning walk to close out the game.

The Dragons picked up an early run in the top of the third inning on an RBI ground out off the bat of DH Mike McKennon to take a 1-0 lead. The Dragons hit the road Sunday afternoon and head to Fort Myers to take on the Swing of the Quad Cities, the Midwest League affiliate of the Minnesota Twins.

More from Dragons Spring Training on Sunday!

http://www.daytondragons.com/pressbo...article_id=255

Dragons Spring Training Report - Sunday
    03/25/2007 3:04 PM

Dragons Manager Donnie Scott checks the line up card
    03/25/2007 3:04 PM -
    The Dragons third consecutive attempt at a late inning rally almost prevailed against the Beloit Snappers, the Midwest League affiliate of the Minnesota Twins, Sunday afternoon in Fort Myers. The Dragons picked up four runs in the eighth inning to tie the game at four only to see the Snappers retake the lead with a single run in the bottom half of the inning and hang on for the 5-4 win.

2006 Dragon Rafael Gonzalez got the start for Dayton and had early success, retiring Beloit in both the first and second innings without allowing a run. The Snappers picked up a pair of runs off the Dayton starter in the bottom half of the third to take a 2-0 lead. Only one of the runs allowed by Gonzalez was earned during his 3.0 innings, as a Dragons error led to the second score.

Misael DeJesus was the next pitcher to throw for the Dragons and he also allowed a pair of runs in his 3.0 inning of work as the Snappers lead ran up to 4-0.

Dayton battled back with four runs in the bottom of the eighth inning off two different Beloit pitchers. Mike Jones got the Dragons on the board with an RBI single to cut the lead to 4-1. Third baseman Kyle Maunus’ second hit on the afternoon, a two RBI double pulled Dayton to within one run at 4-3. With two out David Scott, Dragons Manager Donnie Scott’s son, slapped an opposite field single to left field scoring Maunus to tie the game at 4-4.

Beloit rallied for one run in the eighth, with a little help for the “Men in Blue.” What looked like the second out of the inning on a bunt attempt, turned into a safe call at first base and a one out base runner against right hander pitcher Adam Pointer. One batter later and a run scoring double into the right field corner and the Dragons were on the short end of the score at 5-4.

The Dragons are back in Sarasota on Monday afternoon hosting the Hickory Crawdads, the South Atlantic League affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates.

More from Dragons Spring Training on Monday!

Mike Vander Wood
    “Voice of the Dragons”

http://www.daytondragons.com/pressbo...article_id=256

Turn Off Ads?