Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MSNBC Article: American Idol has begun its decline

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: MSNBC Article: American Idol has begun its decline

I hate the show because it is responsible for the death of some really good television, such as the Knights of Prosperity.
    It's probably killed off 4 or 5 Andy Richter series all by itself.
    If you're watchin' a parade, make sure you stand in one spot, don't follow it, it never changes. And if the parade is boring, run in the opposite direction, you will fast-foward the parade. --Mitch Hedberg

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    It's probably killed off 4 or 5 Andy Richter series all by itself.
    And I love Andy Richter. His new show on NBC is pretty good.
    Win the Division

I watched season 1 to now pretty closely and I can tell you now, this years sucks worse than I can remember. They kicked out some quality folks in the auditions and kept losers. I dunno, just real disappointing.

The fan vote has to be re-evaluated. The votefortheworst.com has given us a horribly feminate Indian dude who thinks he is Michael Jackson.

i watch the show every week and still enjoy it...not really sure why...i personally have never voted, though i came close once...very rarely does the best singer ever win out...this year, i'm rooting for lakisha, but i doubt that she can pull it off...the dude who looks like justin timberlake keeps me glued to the set

The ploy of putting Sanjaya on the show is working like a charm for Fox...so far. NBC Nightly News had a feature on his role on the show last night. How often can you get a plug from a rival network? Do you think NBC would have been doing a feature to say "meanwhile, American Idol is moving right along, with a completely normal Season Six..."?

In the end, this will backfire, as those (like me) who wanted to take the show seriously won't be able to do so anymore. It kinda reminds me of the old Phil Donahue show. He started in the early days with a good show with serious topics. But then when the Springers of the world started getting better ratings with their bar room brawls, he resorted to the same tactics, and his show became a trash fest. Not saying Idol will become a trash fest, but I think its legitimacy has been compromised. Stories like the one at votefortheworst.com that reveal the inner workings of the show further that compromise.

Turn Off Ads?