Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Questions about Fireworks Nights

Recovering Cubs Fan

Questions about Fireworks Nights

Is it a pretty good display? My kids want to go, but neither are really interested in baseball so I want to make sure it's not like a short crappy thing before I buy tickets. Also, does it matter where you sit? Do they shoot them over the river so you'd have to crane your neck if you're sitting in the OF? I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Questions about Fireworks Nights

We saw them last year and I thought they were very good. Lasted about 20 minutes. Not quite WEBN quality but better than your local town's 4th of July displays.

IIRC, they blasted off back behind the RF stands. They cleared the OF stands completely (and it was a good thing, there was some debris that came down there). Those folk moved to other seats or just stood somewhere.

We had seats behind home plate so we had a great view. I think they synchronized them to music played on the PA system.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    We saw them last year and I thought they were very good. Lasted about 20 minutes. Not quite WEBN quality but better than your local town's 4th of July displays.

IIRC, they blasted off back behind the RF stands. They cleared the OF stands completely (and it was a good thing, there was some debris that came down there). Those folk moved to other seats or just stood somewhere.

We had seats behind home plate so we had a great view. I think they synchronized them to music played on the PA system.
    Agreed. I was at two of the fireworks nights last year. There is probably a 20 minute break between the end of the game and the start of the fireworks, but the show itself doesn't disappoint as long as you aren't going in with Riverfest expectations.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

I defy you not to get some goose bumps listening to a few of the radio calls made during the display.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Recovering Cubs Fan

Sounds great; thanks all

One fireworks nights we attended they had frisbee dogs entertaining during the time between games end and the start of the fireworks! They are very good if you like fireworks!

I did the soundtracks for half of them the past couple years. They're pretty cool if I do say so myself. I like the fact that you can really hear the music (in the bowl) and the display is in a contained area (launched just behind the Ballpark) so the visibility is great. It's exactly 20 minutes long. The best viewing, IMHO, is from the 3rd base side... you can usually sneak down after the last out - there's a 10-15 minute break after the game while they set up.

I saw the fireworks after Dunn had his own little bit of fireworks with the walk off grandslam, they were actually really good, better than i had expected.
    Let's make some noise!

Turn Off Ads?