Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds Games on Fox Sports Net in HD

Reds Games on Fox Sports Net in HD

I just happened to look at the Reds schedule this afternoon on the team website and noticed that several games are listed as "FSN-HD". Has anyone heard of FSN Ohio broadcasting in HD? I know several FSN affiliates across the country broadcast in HD, but I've never seen/heard anything about the Ohio affiliate doing so.

Note: I apologize for not capitalizing FSN in the Thread title...I didn't realize this until after I posted.
    Last edited by RedsFan74; 03-14-2007 at 05:31 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Re: Fsn Hd??

FSN Ohio does have HD capabability---in fact they have broadcasted some Blue Jacket (what a waste of HD) and Cavalier games in HD..

Are there any cable companies that broadcast their HD signal? or is this pretty much just available on satellite?

I sent my cable company (Insight) an email about it. They said that I will be able to watch the games on the Insight "HD Special Events" channel. Needless to say I am very happy.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Most cable companies have the HD channels on their digital packages...

Old Red Guard Reject

I have FSN and have an HDTV. Will I get the games in HD? Because I called Dish Network and they said there is not a seperate channel.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I sent my cable company (Insight) an email about it. They said that I will be able to watch the games on the Insight "HD Special Events" channel. Needless to say I am very happy.
    That's great news!

What about Time Warner? All of the HD channels are sererated from the regular ones (placed mostly on channels 900-1000), and I don't see FSN Ohio HD listed.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1966 View Post
    FSN Ohio does have HD capabability---in fact they have broadcasted some Blue Jacket (what a waste of HD) and Cavalier games in HD..
    And the Cavs games are a waste too....

I'm guessing... Just guessing here.... With DirecTv its going to be on or around the 95 station. I believe that is their speical event HD station. I was able to pick up the Bengals game that was on the NFL Network in HD on that station.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Hi,

I'm a relatively new member...I've just been trolling for a little bit before I posted.

I just e-mailed Time Warner to see what they said...here is theire response:

Thank you for writing Time Warner Cable Customer Service,

Time Warner Cable of Southwest Ohio does not currently have an agreement to carry the Reds games that will be broadcast by FOX Sports Net Ohio in High Definition, and we do not currently have an estimated date of when an agreement may be reached. However, if an agreement is reached, Time Warner Cable will announce additional information through the media.

We do keep track of the number of requests received and utilize this information to influence programming changes. Time Warner Cable is always concerned with the programming interests of our subscribers. This programming request will be shared with our Programming Department. It is this type of feedback that is vital as we strive to deliver the best variety of programming available to our customers.
    If you are interested in this...send an e-mail to customerservice@cinci.rr.com

I doubt it will have an impact on what they do because they are idiots...but still.

Spread the Word.

AFW

There is no actual "FoxHD" channel. The various Fox regionals will produce certain games in HD (along with the typical SD broadcast) and how viewers see the HD feed is up to the various providers.

For Directv (as RedsMan has said), they have a special HD channel set aside for various "ad-hoc" HD sporting events. For those markets that qualify, they can see the game on the HD channel.

Quote Originally Posted by lenmccart View Post
    Hi,

I'm a relatively new member...I've just been trolling for a little bit before I posted.

Time Warner Cable of Southwest Ohio does not currently have an agreement to carry the Reds games that will be broadcast by FOX Sports Net Ohio in High Definition, and we do not currently have an estimated date of when an agreement may be reached. However, if an agreement is reached, Time Warner Cable will announce additional information through the media.

I doubt it will have an impact on what they do because they are idiots...but still.

Spread the Word.

AFW
    Thanks for the e-mail address!! I searched all over their website but wasn't able to find the address so that I could get in contact with them. Hopefully enough folks will send them e-mails and convince them to get an agreement worked out.

Fox Sports Net. Last November, FSN announced a commitment to expanded HD programming with 2,500 hours of HD event programming over its 18 regional networks for the 2006-07 season. That would be 25 percent of FSN’s schedule, including NBA, MLB and NHL games and college football and basketball. A new technical operations center in Houston is slated to go online this fall and will help transmit that programming.

FSN launched an advertising campaign to trumpet HD shows, which can be seen on a separate channel that cable and satellite carriers will provide for them.

Quote Originally Posted by lenmccart View Post
    Hi,

Spread the Word.

AFW
    I received the same reply - word for word - from TWC.

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    There is no actual "FoxHD" channel. The various Fox regionals will produce certain games in HD (along with the typical SD broadcast) and how viewers see the HD feed is up to the various providers.

For Directv (as RedsMan has said), they have a special HD channel set aside for various "ad-hoc" HD sporting events. For those markets that qualify, they can see the game on the HD channel.
    durl, what does the "for those markets that qualify" part mean? If I have Directv HD subscription and normally get FSN on channel 638, will I get the HD games?

Another question: Have they said how many of the Reds 140+ TV games will be in HD?

Turn Off Ads?