Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Unconditional Release Waivers

I'm toolsy.

Unconditional Release Waivers

Found this on cincypost.com. I was just wondering what it meant:

MLB calendar

March 28 - Last day to request unconditional release waivers on a player without having to pay his full 2007 salary.

Are there any players on the Reds current roster that could fall under this category?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Re: Unconditional Release Waivers

Moeller? I have not seen all of the terms of his deal but I am guessing he could be a candidate.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

I believe I've heard that if a player is released in ST he is only owed 1/6 of his 2007 salary. Admittedly that may not apply to all contracts [Miltons for example], so take it for what its worth. I assume it's only the non-guaranteed contracts like a Moeller or Bellhorn etc.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

It only allies to non-guaranteed contracts, which include minor league ones and the ones awarded in arbitration.
    Makes all the routine posts.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

I'd like to see both Bellhorn and Moeller get released, unless there is anyway to stash Moeller in AAA; I have a nagging feeling the Reds may need a defensive-minded catcher before this year is over.

Bellhorn has struck out 10 times in 28 plate appearances, has a BA of .217, and as C Trent has described his defense: "I think it's more accurate to say he can stand at three positions. Or has the right glove for three positions."

If he wins a utility spot, I'll be very disappointed.

Turn Off Ads?