Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: NCAA tournament Day 1

Re: NCAA tournament Day 1

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Honestly, its time to stop being so myopic. The Big East is good, not great.
    Louisville played about as well as they could. Stanford finished in the middle of the Pac 10 which was by any definition a better league this year.
    Pac10 better than the Big East?

“And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Honestly, its time to stop being so myopic. The Big East is good, not great.
    Louisville played about as well as they could. Stanford finished in the middle of the Pac 10 which was by any definition a better league this year.
    If it is a better league then the middle of the pack Pac 10 teams should match up well with the #3 Big East team.

Louisiville played as well as they can? That is the name of the game, to play well. As well as they can? Well I thought the same thing when Syracuse lost to them by five at Freedom Hall. Does that help Syracuse any? What about Drexel or Witchita State beating Syracuse? They played as well as they could as well. But you guys weren't willing to let that slide when it came to Syracuse's resume. Nor should you. But why do it with Stanford? Just like Syracuse, they made their bed, got killed and now have to deal with the critisms from people like me saying they stunk today, just like they have all season. This is a team that lost by 34 to Air Force but of course they get points from my old gym teacher who apparently runs the NCAA in the same way the girls who stunk used to get one point for hitting the rim in PE baskeball games. I'd say today is a good lesson for the NCAA. Be wary of teams that allow themselves to get blown out.

The bottom line is that Stanford got slaughtered and proved they didn't belong. This was a 6-11 match-up, not a 1-16. NCAA tourney games between two teams like that should not get that result. Stanford embarassed themselves today.

Look, I'm not arguing about Syracuse being in so don't take me the wrong the way. I was simpy commenting on the Big East (they traditionally do very well in this tourney) and on Stanford's entry. I simply bring up Syracuse because they also played Louisiville, on the road and didn't get blown out this way. And I doubt they get blown out that way if they played Louisiville today.

Sorry, but Standford getting roasted is a story and I can't help it if it was done by a Big East team. Nor can I help the Big East's traditional strong play in the NCAA. Today we saw the difference between the Big East number 3 and the Pac 10 number 5(?).

No upsets in the early games.

6 for 6, dirty.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    6 for 6, dirty.
    Seven games have been completed so far.

Vanderbilt is putting a whoopin' on George Washington right now, 40-14.

Butler came out of nowhere to finally start making buckets in the 2nd Half. OD let me down.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Yep, I'm 6 outta 7 so far, and Butler/Old Dominion is the only game I've missed so far.

I originally had George Washington upsetting Vandy in this game, but I changed that pick right before the games started today and so far it's looking good for me.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

I kept GW.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Washington State is a great story this year. Go Cougs!

7 for 7 now. Soon to be 8 for 8.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed View Post
    If it is a better league then the middle of the pack Pac 10 teams should match up well with the #3 Big East team.

Louisiville played as well as they can? That is the name of the game, to play well. As well as they can? Well I thought the same thing when Syracuse lost to them by five at Freedom Hall. Does that help Syracuse any? What about Drexel or Witchita State beating Syracuse? They played as well as they could as well. But you guys weren't willing to let that slide when it came to Syracuse's resume. Nor should you. But why do it with Stanford? Just like Syracuse, they made their bed, got killed and now have to deal with the critisms from people like me saying they stunk today, just like they have all season. This is a team that lost by 34 to Air Force but of course they get points from my old gym teacher who apparently runs the NCAA in the same way the girls who stunk used to get one point for hitting the rim in PE baskeball games. I'd say today is a good lesson for the NCAA. Be wary of teams that allow themselves to get blown out.

The bottom line is that Stanford got slaughtered and proved they didn't belong. This was a 6-11 match-up, not a 1-16. NCAA tourney games between two teams like that should not get that result. Stanford embarassed themselves today.

Look, I'm not arguing about Syracuse being in so don't take me the wrong the way. I was simpy commenting on the Big East (they traditionally do very well in this tourney) and on Stanford's entry. I simply bring up Syracuse because they also played Louisiville, on the road and didn't get blown out this way. And I doubt they get blown out that way if they played Louisiville today.

Sorry, but Standford getting roasted is a story and I can't help it if it was done by a Big East team. Nor can I help the Big East's traditional strong play in the NCAA. Today we saw the difference between the Big East number 3 and the Pac 10 number 5(?).
    The way Stanford played today does not show they were an unworthy team in any way, shape, or form. It's absolutely ridiculous to say that.

A team is selected to the tournament because of how they play during the regular season. They were worthy of being selected. They played bad in the game, and they won't advance. Period.

With all due respect, you're being a completely myopic homer in this discussion.

Stanford didn't deserve an 11 seed. That much I know. They got the drubbing they had coming to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Stanford didn't deserve an 11 seed. That much I know. They got the drubbing they had coming to them.
    Actually, I'd say it's more like Louisville deserved a 4 seed. Their losses to Dayton (I was there. It was awesome), and UMass knocked down their seed a bit.

I'm 5 of 8 in the Redszone yahoo contest
    I put three sheets in to a local contest, in those I'm 7/8, 7/8 and 6/8 which is good for second in my household as my wife is 8/8.

I've only missed the Texas Tech - B.C. game. I knew it was a mistake but I picked it anyway. The only game currently scaring me is the Duke - VCU game. I have Duke winning again I need them to hold on.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?