Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Girl finds missing dog's head in box on doorstep

Re: Girl finds missing dog's head in box on doorstep

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    sounds like teenage boys to me.
    That's probably more likely. I've just got some cranky old folks for neighbors that I can see doing something like this because I don't mow my lawn 3 times a week.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by rotnoid View Post
    That's probably more likely. I've just got some cranky old folks for neighbors that I can see doing something like this because I don't mow my lawn 3 times a week.

i can certainly see cranky old men shooting the dog but they'd probably also not hide the fact that they did dad gummit. but cutting off the head and putting it in a box? not the "greatest generations" style.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Supreme Jar Opener

i can certainly see cranky old men shooting the dog but they'd probably also not hide the fact that they did dad gummit. but cutting off the head and putting it in a box? not the "greatest generations" style.
    I agree.

But would teenage boys think to wrap it in a box & put batteries on the box? I can see boys killing the dog, but the way it was wrapped up is rather odd. It seems to me, boys would do something simpler like shove it in a mailbox or just leave it on the porch in front of the door.

It seems too elaborate for teenage boys to do, though I guess the idea of an ex-boyfriend or somebody she had angered might make sense.

This is obviously a sick person. I'm not sure any of us could figure out the thought process. Whoever did this needs to be put down for good IMO. This is one of the most disturbing things I've ever read and I wish I had not read it.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

sounds like teenage boys to me.
    Me too. But then, I've spent the last couple of months doing a clinical in a high school, working on a Master's and a teaching certificate.

Some of them certainly don't seem to have a great deal of perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    But would teenage boys think to wrap it in a box & put batteries on the box? I can see boys killing the dog, but the way it was wrapped up is rather odd. It seems to me, boys would do something simpler like shove it in a mailbox or just leave it on the porch in front of the door.

It seems too elaborate for teenage boys to do, though I guess the idea of an ex-boyfriend or somebody she had angered might make sense.

That's what I'm thinking. Not only were there batteries but a "Happy Valentine's Day, Crystal" note in there and a box of chocolates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Speaking from the perspective provided to me in my criminal law classes, this is the classic behavior exhibited by someone who is either a fully-matured serial killer or a teenager 'experimenting' on the way towards becoming one.

They really need to catch whoever did this, because the extreme cruelty and lack of empathy exhibited through these actions goes beyond what your normal pissed-off former boyfriend would do. That's not to say that it *isn't* a former boyfriend, because it could be, but the likelihood of this being a lone act from this individual without continuation or escalation against other animals/people is extraordinarily slim.

Teenage boys have a much more elaborate imagination than many think.

Last week, responding to an assignment to write an essay telling what advice he would give Macbeth (hey, I didn't write the assignment!), within ten minutes, literally, one boy in the class had devised an intricate, possibly workable method that Macbeth could use to kill all his enemies without getting caught.

Batteries and a Valentine's note certainly aren't out of the range of the teenage imagination.

Kids can be scary.

Not the batteries or valentines day card... killing a dog and decapitating it or killing it by decapitation is seriously anti-social behavior.

Just saying... the chances of a kid/adult doing such a thing as a one time act are slim.

Yeah. I agree. My comment was more to Chip & UKflounder.

Fantasizing is one thing, killing and decapitating a dog is another.

Sorry. I didn't quote.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

IMHO, this is an example of an opportunity to stop a serious problem before it gets really serious. Whoever did this has some major moral, spiritual, social, and probably mental problems. This case should be investigated as if it were a serial killer (spend the money for forensics, etc.) because it just might be one and if not, will very likely become one. What I'd really hate to see is they ask a few questions and just let it go because they've got so many cases where 'people' were injured or killed and 20 years from now we catch a serial killer and discover that he/she did this before his/her string of 25 heinous murders.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Isn't it amazing what a few TV shows will do to us all. Shows like Criminal Minds and CSI have changed our perception of reality. 50 years ago this would have been written off as a prank and nobody would have mentioned it again.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by rotnoid View Post
    50 years ago this would have been written off as a prank and nobody would have mentioned it again.
    A decapitated head on the front porch with a Valentine's card?

Maybe if you lived on Elm Street.
    Makes all the routine posts.

I suspect it was probably a boy who has a serious crush/unrequited love for the girl coupled with some serious anti-social disorder and some loneliness thrown in. An angry ex-boyfriend would probably have a history of annoying acts, like late night hang-up phone calls and other childish behavior. If that were the case, then they'd know who likely did it. On the other hand, it it's some kid with issues who has a crush on the girl, but never had the guts to talk to her or at least never dealt with his feelings honestly. Boys that age can get really weird about girls. Irrational over-the-top behavior is not unheard of at that age.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?