Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Interesting Picture

Interesting Picture

While I was looking for tomorrow's number, I came across this picture under Senate baseball. I don't know of the top of my head who the Senator is batting. This of course is a picture from before the Senators moved to Minnesota

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Interesting Picture

Ok, that's Mike Mansfield (D-MT) umping and Scoop Jackson (D-WA) batting with JFK (D-MA) catching - 1954 (Kennedy was about 37).
    Last edited by redsmetz; 03-15-2007 at 08:26 PM.

That's JFK catching.

I recognize the guy batting but I don't know who it is.

I wonder who the ump is?
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

College Kid

Yeah, definitely does resemble a Democratic attempt at swinging a bat.

Had to.

Quote Originally Posted by ND_redsfan10 View Post
    Yeah, definitely does resemble a Democratic attempt at swinging a bat.

Had to.
    He's just shortening up to make contact, Adlai Stevenson must have been in scoring postion.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Pretty gutsy for JFK to catch without equipment... especially if he is missing the most important protection a catcher can wear! And those right hand fingers are primed for a breaking if Jackson fouls one back.

I noticed something strange... JFK throws and leans RIGHT, Jackson bats RIGHT and Mansfield points to the RIGHT. Who woulda thunk?!?

Jackson and Mansfield could have used some fashion lessons from JFK. Perhaps that is why the babe next to Jackson's right shoulder is checking out the future president?

Did Mansfield learn umpiring from the CB Bucknor school of umpiring? The man is calling a strike while the ball is in mid flight.

Is JFK wearing a glove or an oven mitt? I cannot tell.

I'd have to say that Jackson was an all-arm-swinger from the look of his legs in this swing.

The location of that pitch has "REDS starting staff circa 2003-2005" written all over it.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

National Pastime.
    "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?!"

Check out JFK's shoes.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    Check out JFK's shoes.
    I'm guessing they're like yacht shoes or something.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    I'm guessing they're like yacht shoes or something.
    They look like what my mom wears to garden in.

Turn Off Ads?