Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NCAA tournament Day 2

Re: NCAA tournament Day 2

Winthrop beats ND 74-64.

2. Turn Off Ads?

anything new?
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

Tennessee has already broken 100 and there's still 6.5 minutes left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Tennessee has already broken 100 and there's still 6.5 minutes left.
    Any chance you saw Loyola Marymount - Michigan in 1990? I vividly remember watching it. Michigan scored 115 points...and got smoked by 34.

That was insane.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Any chance you saw Loyola Marymount - Michigan in 1990? I vividly remember watching it. Michigan scored 115 points...and got smoked by 34.

That was insane.

Yeah. That was wild. I about got whiplash watching them run up and down the court.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Yeah. That was wild. I about got whiplash watching them run up and down the court.
    No you didn't. :thumbdown

'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Looks like Tennessee might get held under 120...

Nope. 121 is the final.

Too bad Tennessee doesn't play Wisconsin (if they can pull it out) in the 2nd round.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

i would like to thank the NCAA for giving Columbus (my hometown) the worst draw in recent tourney history....

Well I feel silly for picking LBS to go to the sweet 16. I knew they were run and gun, but get a hand up or something.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Wisconsin giving TexasA&Mcc a million chances to stay in this game.
    Go Gators!

Creighton-Nevada tied with 1.4 seconds left. Nevada ball.

1st overtime game of the tournament.

Miami is hanging close with Oregon. Only down 3 at the half. At one point Oregon scored something like 19 in a row and it looked like Miami might get blown out but Miami finished the half on a 10-3 run.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post

That was insane.
    I had forgotten about that but remember it now. I was trying to think of anyone else scoring that much in a tourney game.

Michigan was the defending champs so that made it even more impressive, though Glen Rice had gone to the NBA.

That was the Loyala team that still had Gathers right? It was the next year that he died and Bo Kimble shot the lefty free throws in his honor. Is that correct or did they score the 149 or whatever it was WITHOUT Gathers? Now that I think about it, it almost seems like maybe they did do it without him.

I think the PG on that team was Terrell Lowery who ended up in pro baseball as a pretty high draft pick. I think he made the majors for a short time, with perhaps Texas. Or maybe it was someone else.

Loyala was amazing there for a few years. I remember one game with Oklahoma in the reg season where it was like 154-153 or something crazy like that and 3 or 4 players had either 50 or close to it. Brent Price, Mark's little brother had something like 54.
    Last edited by MaineRed; 03-16-2007 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Well I feel silly for picking LBS to go to the sweet 16. I knew they were run and gun, but get a hand up or something.

I did the same thing. You have to pick a 12 seed to win a couple of games though and we didn't pick the right one. I guess there weren't any right ones this year.

Its only one of 16.

Amazingly, I'm 7 for 7 so far today to up my overall totals to 19 for 23. Like many other people, I picked Winthrop to beat Notre Dame, but I may be able to pick up some ground with some other picks such as Nevada over Creighton and UNLV over Georgia Tech. Both those games were 7 seeds defeating 10 seeds so they weren't upsets, but quite a few people picked the 10 seed upset in one or both those games. I have UNLV defeating Wisconsin and reaching the Sweet 16 so their win was particularly big for me.

Right now, Miami (OH) is playing Oregon very well as they're only down 39-36 with 12 minutes remaining. If Miami wins this game, my bracket will be busted up since I have Oregon reaching the Elite 8. Still, given that Miami's local, I'd like to see then do well and would sacrifice a few points in the bracket in exchange for them pulling a major upset.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Turn Off Ads?