Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Is Steve Stewart doing radio?

Is Steve Stewart doing radio?

I read that Stewart will talk about the rain delay. Is he back on radio?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Is Steve Stewart doing radio?

Sadly no, he's only doing ST games on the net this spring.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Sadly no, he's only doing ST games on the net this spring.
    I think he is doing a very good job this spring...although, I have not enjoyed him whatsoever in the past. I think maybe some reality hit when they didn't re-up his contract and he might feel like he has a second life now with the webcasts. His emotions have all changed quite a bit and he describes plays a lot better. Gets my most improved award already.

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post
    I think he is doing a very good job this spring...although, I have not enjoyed him whatsoever in the past. I think maybe some reality hit when they didn't re-up his contract and he might feel like he has a second life now with the webcasts. His emotions have all changed quite a bit and he describes plays a lot better. Gets my most improved award already.
    That's good to hear. Seemed like a very nice guy. Just couldn't describe plays to save his life.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

I wasn't a big fan of steward. He just always seemed akward when describing a play. I also think that he didn't have the best voice for radio. But I wish him the best.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Good luck to Steve--I still dont know why the Reds brass brought him back....a clean break is always best when dismissing employees--but I still think they felt a little bad about how the whole thing went down when Steve was let go...in a perfect world I would like to see George Grande leave and Steve take over on the TV side....

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1966 View Post
    Good luck to Steve--I still dont know why the Reds brass brought him back....a clean break is always best when dismissing employees--but I still think they felt a little bad about how the whole thing went down when Steve was let go...in a perfect world I would like to see George Grande leave and Steve take over on the TV side....
    Steve is on the Reds Speakers Beureau. So he is still with them. Just not doing any radio work. Not really sure what the RSB is, but it sounds good that they kept him.

PS - Grande and SS on TV would make me ill.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

the RSB has been around....i remember former broadcaster Gordy Coleman was part of it....not so sure Steve is the best guy to go to Kiwanis and Jaycee clubs preaching Reds baseball.. more a Nuxhall or Tom Browning type job if you ask me...

I read that Stewart is under contract with the Reds thru March 31, 2007.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I wasn't a big fan of steward. He just always seemed akward when describing a play. I also think that he didn't have the best voice for radio. But I wish him the best.
    I thought he was much less awkward on the webcasts . There's a definite advantage to working games in a situation where he didn't have to avoid stepping on a prickly partner's toes.
    /r/reds

Turn Off Ads?