Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ohio State vs. Xavier - Wow!

Re: Ohio State vs. Xavier - Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    X fans cry a little more about it. Holy crap. Lighty got his legs taken out right before the thing with Oden happened and it was a no call. Would have ended the game for OSU if X could make 2 free throws. Then in OT Butler gets tackled right in front of the ref and again no call. X choked and has no one but themselves to blame.
    Not a single Xavier fan (to my knowledge) had posted in this thread prior to you.

Lighty looked like he slipped to me and contact was incidental (let me clarify that: he appeared to be falling to the floor before Doellman touched him...it could well have been called). Oden's foul probably looked worse than it actually was, but I certainly have seen intentional fouls given in that situation before.

Regardless, I think the talking point has to be XU's loss of composure down the stretch. Doellman's lazy inbounds pass to Lavender was an absolute killer.

In any event, anyone blasting Justin Cage needs to look at the box score. He played one of the finest college basketball games I've seen in a long time, and if OSU doesn't hit a really low-percentage shot, his final miss would have been academic.
    Last edited by dsmith421; 03-19-2007 at 02:38 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    If a Duke player did what Oden did, there would be a website and a youtube video of it and some losers rapping about how Duke sucks.
    Yeah, because OSU doesn't have any haters or anything...
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Four pages into this discussion, and hardly a mention of the two most important plays in that game:

-Cage's missed free throw
    -Lewis's clutch 3 pointer

If either of those things turn out differently, no one would be uttering a word about Oden and his foul. And this also doesn't address Conley's plat in OT that essentially won the game for the Bucks.

It was an amazing game, but I don't feel bad for Xavier because they more than had their chance. Shoot, fouling OSU before a shot was attempted on the last play likely would have won the game for them.

Hopewfully, this is the wake-up call the Bucks needed, and they can get back on track. It certainly doesn't get any easier from here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis View Post
    Yeah, because OSU doesn't have any haters or anything...
    Yeah, its baffling to me. I mean, OSU fans are always so supportive and humble, why would any other fans hate them??
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Yeah, its baffling to me. I mean, OSU fans are always so supportive and humble, why would any other fans hate them??

Was referring to razor's point that, had the team in question been Duke, that anti-Duke epithets would have been flying.

My point is that OSU tends to draw similar criticisms. I don't think the team in question being Duke would have made any difference.

Sorry reg - no offense meant!
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

XU fan here. Not bitter.
    I've seen the replay a million times now and it seems to me like the ref could have called that a flagrant foul or not. Under the boards with guys crashing hard at the end of a game it is a tough call. Am I wrong? Only Oden knows that. The fact is he put XU on the line and they could have made it a two possession game by draining 2 free throws. They didn't and then they let Lewis run the floor to take an open shot a couple seconds later. Sure- it was a great run, but if XU had been ready to play defense there, I say they could have moved on.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Sorry reg - no offense meant!
    No problem, and none taken!

Just wanted to clarify my post, is all.

I think we should all cut Greg Oden some slack. He had a final exam coming up in "The History of Rock and Roll" and he was a little uptight about it.

Hey Greg, just write down "Elvis".

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    I think we should all cut Greg Oden some slack. He had a final exam coming up in "The History of Rock and Roll" and he was a little uptight about it.

The "Sammy Hagar" and the "David Lee Roth" Van Halen eras.

Compare and contrast.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    The "Sammy Hagar" and the "David Lee Roth" Van Halen eras.

Compare and contrast.
    You know as funny as it is to hammer that class it probably is tougher then you think.

Course Description: Students in this course will: (1) broaden their appreciation and understanding of the role of American popular music; (2) learn to recognize specific musical styles, genres, and performers of American popular music; (3) learn to understand and recognize compositional structures common to various genres of American popular music; and (4) increase their understanding of American cultural history by studying the significant trends, sounds, characteristics, and messages of its popular music.

I doubt that it requires much brain power, but could be more involved then one might imagine.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

(3) learn to understand and recognize compositional structures common to various genres of American popular music;
    Um...three chords, twelve bars, seventh. That about covers it.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post

Don't be stressing him out now, can't have him shooting the ball from any further than the top of the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    You know as funny as it is to hammer that class it probably is tougher then you think.

Course Description: Students in this course will: (1) broaden their appreciation and understanding of the role of American popular music; (2) learn to recognize specific musical styles, genres, and performers of American popular music; (3) learn to understand and recognize compositional structures common to various genres of American popular music; and (4) increase their understanding of American cultural history by studying the significant trends, sounds, characteristics, and messages of its popular music.

I doubt that it requires much brain power, but could be more involved then one might imagine.

I took the this course with a student at The Ohio State University. It is easy but not a gimmie.

I was a sports communication major at IU. I guarantee there are easier classes.

But of course Mutaman brings this up because everyone at Wisconsin is a BIOLOGY/CHEMISTRY/NUCLEAR PHYSICS TRIPLE MAJOR.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Turn Off Ads?