SP- Chad Billingsley
    RP- Francisco Rodriguez
    RP- Akinori Otsuka
    RP- Jonathon Broxton
    P- Anthony Reyes
    P- Boof Bonser

Bench:
    Mark DeRosa
    Josh Hamilton (He was a write-in last pick)

This is a head to head points league. Not sure if anyone is hurt there or if something might be better on the wire. After the firs 6 picks, i went on auo pilot lol...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rate It, Fellas and Ladies

Billingsley is going to start the season in the bullpen, which I thought was a little surprising when I heard it.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Had no clue about that. He isn't worth having then.

Your pitching has a load of potential, but some risk as well.

I can honestly say I kinda hate the team, to be honest.

I messed up in a few spots and never recovered.

I am going to hit the waiver wire, which has always been my strength anyway.

My big sticks of Ortiz, Teixiera, and Bay should keep me in the hunt.

We need a closer, a fourth starter, and a darned third outfielder. I passed on Rocco Baldelli three times and in our league, he scored per game what Jason Bay did last year.

Well, after some moves, here is the updated lineup:

C- Michael Barrett
    1B- Mark Teixera
    2B- Ty Wigginton
    SS- Bill Hall
    3B- Chipper Jones
    OF- Jason Bay
    OF- Delmon Young
    OF- Luke Scott, Garret Anderson, Curtis Granderson, Cory Hart, David DeJesus, and Casey Blake- please let one of these guys stick.
    Util- Frank Thomas
    Util- David Ortiz

SP- Erik Bedard
    SP- Cole Hamels
    SP- Ervim Santana
    SP- Scott Kazmir
    RP- Francisco Rodriguez
    RP- Akinori Otsuka, Pat Neshek until I find a closer

Bench:

Mark DeRosa
    Stephen Drew

I would have preferred Robinson Cano to Ty Wigginton.

Bill Hall was a nice add. Granderson should be fine as a 3rd OF. Cory Hart and David DeJesus are nice backups, as are Drew and DeRosa.

Not bad. You'll most likely have to make moves during the year, but if you say that's your specialty, then you ought to have fun with your team this year.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Cano over Wigginton....

I agree, but I traded Cano for Bill Hall due to Hall's elgiibility at SS, 3B, and OF. It may come back to haunt me, who knows, but Cano's .350 average was a bit high for the amount of balls he put in play last year. I actually look for him to hit a little lower. He never met a pitch he didn't like, that's for sure.

So instead of having Cano and Stephen Drew at 2B and Short, I have Wigginton and Hall.

Wigginton's numbers were pretty impressive last year, and to be 2B eligible helps me a bunch.

I also liked the fact that Hall could play 3B in case old Larry pulls another oblique muscle.

How about Drew at SS & Hall as your #3 OF? You have plenty of OFers. Try to find another 2b & C. Might want to trade Thomas.
    Last edited by chettt; 03-30-2007 at 11:09 AM.

Thanks for the advice, Chett.

I just traded Stephen Drew for Valverde, the closer for the Diamondbacks. Stephen Drew is awesome, but I have very little patience for injuries, and he's already been out at least a week with some sort of strain this Spring and then he's been out again for a few games. I had him last year and went through that. He's just like his brother: "Probable." I'm over it.

I like having all those third outfielders because someone is going to stick. If two of them do, I have depth, if three of them do, I have trade bait.

Not sure why I'd find another catcher- Barret is a monster, but perhaps you can share something I don't know.

As for 2B, again- you need to look at Wigginton's numbers and think of him playing second base: 24 homeruns, 79 RBI and an OPS close to .830 in 120 games. That's not even bad for a firstbaseman, but as a guy who can play 2B, 3B, and the outfield, that's outstanding.

Thomas is a risk, but hitting 4th in the best lineup in baseball- I don't know, why would I trade that?

Am I the only person that thinks Chipper is an injury waiting to happen? That alone makes the Hall pickup worth it.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Am I the only person that thinks Chipper is an injury waiting to happen? That alone makes the Hall pickup worth it.
    I've been kicking myself for the Chipper move since the draft. Yes, Hall is a great play at third. I also just traded Curtis Granderson for Edwin Encarnacion to give me some depth.

Cano for Hall to me was about position flexibility. And the fact that Cano cannot possibly keep up the .340 plus pace without walks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Not sure why I'd find another catcher- Barret is a monster, but perhaps you can share something I don't know.
    John Marzano mentioned on the Fanatasy 411 show last week that Pinella was of a defense/team leader first mindset for his catchers and that he really rode his catchers hard. He said he expected a drop off for Barret on the offensive side. Not that I would rush out and trade Barrett, but it's a situation that does bear watching. Keep an eye on Chris Iannetta COL, as a possible replacement.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

I also like Paulino as an option if you need a pick-up for a catcher, IF Barret drops off, although I think he will still remain a top 10 option, no matter.
    Paulino from Pitt, brings a 300 avg to the table which means if you need a C in a pinch, he at least wont wreck your averages.

Turn Off Ads?