Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss The Ground

Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss The Ground

If she passes her test, my daughter will drive an immaculate 1993 Chevy Lumina.

It's got 32K miles on it and has been in a garage every day of its life. Driven by an aunt that just died and we inherited (God bless you Aunt Mary).

She averaged 2500 miles a year (church and grocery store were about it). I do that in 6 weeks.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Turn Off Ads?

Roy Tucker is really Mike Brown.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Roy Tucker is really Mike Brown.
    Hey now!! don't go insulting Roy like that
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Hey now!! don't go insulting Roy like that
    You're right. He couldn't be Mike Brown. Brown probably won't stop driving that Lumina for another five years.

And you think he doesn't want to drive because he's cautious? I guess there's an upside; they could have given him a white Buick Century...
    Nobody ever gave me a car. And this car was owned by old people. It is clean as a whistle.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Nobody ever gave me a car. And this car was owned by old people. It is clean as a whistle.
    Right, Dad.

You're right. He couldn't be Mike Brown. Brown probably won't stop driving that Lumina for another five years.
    Come back and talk to me when your kids turn 16 and you're trying to figure out how to add cars to the SunDeck fleet and pay for insurance while your kids are in college. We can have a real conversation then.

My daughter got her first taste of night driving last night. I had to go pick her up at the high school due to science fair. She asked if she could drive home. I was somewhat apprehensive because not only was it night, but it was country driving with a lot of curvy, hilly roads. But I said OK because it's only about a 15 minute drive.

She was driving very cautiously, going about 30 mph most of the way, and it was a good thing because she came around a curve and there were two deer standing in the middle of the road. She came to a stop and I told her to flash her lights and honk her horn, and the deer took off. I then told her to creep slowly and keep a look out because more may be around. But she did good.

She also told me she hates driving with Mom. Mom is always yelling at her.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

She also told me she hates driving with Mom. Mom is always yelling at her.
    My daughter said the same thing when she was learning to drive. Her mom was constantly correcting her and screaming like their lives were at risk every moment while I sat back and tried to relax and only corrected major mistakes during the ride.

My daughter is seventeen now, has 3 speeding tickets, a suspended license, and bad grades. Not that I'm proud of any of those things, (though I'm still proud of her,) I just thought all the people that have real problem children might want to know they are not alone.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    My daughter said the same thing when she was learning to drive. Her mom was constantly correcting her and screaming like their lives were at risk every moment while I sat back and tried to relax and only corrected major mistakes during the ride.

My daughter is seventeen now, has 3 speeding tickets, a suspended license, and bad grades. Not that I'm proud of any of those things, (though I'm still proud of her,) I just thought all the people that have real problem children might want to know they are not alone.
    My daughter loves school - I've had her checked for drugs too

She's one of those kids that you loved to hate when you were in school.... solid grades, takes about every class available (and is good at it), volunteers for any and all committees, National Honor Society, sports, you name it.

Now as a Dad though, I am very proud of her. She starts her Junior year next year at JVS in Animal Management. She either wants to be a veterinarian or work somewhere in the field.

I have to sign her up for Driver's Ed; but she is also gonna have to take Dad's Ed when it comes to driving and maintenance of a car.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Come back and talk to me when your kids turn 16 and you're trying to figure out how to add cars to the SunDeck fleet and pay for insurance while your kids are in college. We can have a real conversation then.
    I'm pretty sure the fleet will look a lot like this:

Jen passed her driving test this AM. Took it at the Lebanon BMV.

While sitting there waiting while she was out taking the test, I listened to the lady taking phone calls. One person called to ask if that was where she took her boat pilot test. Yes, Lebanon is well-known as a seafaring port.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

My daughter loves school - I've had her checked for drugs too

She's one of those kids that you loved to hate when you were in school.... solid grades, takes about every class available (and is good at it), volunteers for any and all committees, National Honor Society, sports, you name it.
    Sounds more like my second daughter. I have three daughters and they each seem to have received different parts of my persona. The first one has a thirst for life and couldn't care less about school. The second one has a thirst for knowledge and loves school, is the teacher's pet, etc. The third one apparently has a thirst for blood... YIKES!

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    Sounds more like my second daughter. I have three daughters and they each seem to have received different parts of my persona. The first one has a thirst for life and couldn't care less about school. The second one has a thirst for knowledge and loves school, is the teacher's pet, etc. The third one apparently has a thirst for blood... YIKES!
    My daughter is the middle child and "sandwiched" between two boys. I'm still trying to figure the two buys out. If it doesn't come with a joy stick that says Nintendo or Wii they want nothing to do with it. I sometimes feel like Jed Clampett trying to talk with Jethro.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Jen passed her driving test this AM. Took it at the Lebanon BMV.

While sitting there waiting while she was out taking the test, I listened to the lady taking phone calls. One person called to ask if that was where she took her boat pilot test. Yes, Lebanon is well-known as a seafaring port.
    You take that one online.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Turn Off Ads?