Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34

Thread: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss The Ground

  1. #16
    Be the ball Roy Tucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Mason, OH
    Posts
    11,988

    Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss The Ground

    If she passes her test, my daughter will drive an immaculate 1993 Chevy Lumina.

    It's got 32K miles on it and has been in a garage every day of its life. Driven by an aunt that just died and we inherited (God bless you Aunt Mary).

    She averaged 2500 miles a year (church and grocery store were about it). I do that in 6 weeks.

    Pay attention to the open sky

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    First Time Caller SunDeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    5,382

    Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss The Ground

    Roy Tucker is really Mike Brown.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

  4. #18
    The Lineups stink. KronoRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West N. Carolina
    Posts
    55,571

    Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss The Ground

    Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Roy Tucker is really Mike Brown.
    Hey now!! don't go insulting Roy like that
    Go Gators!

  5. #19
    First Time Caller SunDeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    5,382

    Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss The Ground

    Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Hey now!! don't go insulting Roy like that
    You're right. He couldn't be Mike Brown. Brown probably won't stop driving that Lumina for another five years.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

  6. #20
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,659

    Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss The Ground

    Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    And you think he doesn't want to drive because he's cautious? I guess there's an upside; they could have given him a white Buick Century...
    Nobody ever gave me a car. And this car was owned by old people. It is clean as a whistle.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

  7. #21
    First Time Caller SunDeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    5,382

    Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss The Ground

    Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Nobody ever gave me a car. And this car was owned by old people. It is clean as a whistle.
    Right, Dad.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

  8. #22
    Be the ball Roy Tucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Mason, OH
    Posts
    11,988

    Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss The Ground

    Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    You're right. He couldn't be Mike Brown. Brown probably won't stop driving that Lumina for another five years.
    Come back and talk to me when your kids turn 16 and you're trying to figure out how to add cars to the SunDeck fleet and pay for insurance while your kids are in college. We can have a real conversation then.

    Pay attention to the open sky

  9. #23
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,659

    Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss The Ground

    My daughter got her first taste of night driving last night. I had to go pick her up at the high school due to science fair. She asked if she could drive home. I was somewhat apprehensive because not only was it night, but it was country driving with a lot of curvy, hilly roads. But I said OK because it's only about a 15 minute drive.

    She was driving very cautiously, going about 30 mph most of the way, and it was a good thing because she came around a curve and there were two deer standing in the middle of the road. She came to a stop and I told her to flash her lights and honk her horn, and the deer took off. I then told her to creep slowly and keep a look out because more may be around. But she did good.

    She also told me she hates driving with Mom. Mom is always yelling at her.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

  10. #24
    SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    In the Ether
    Posts
    5,399

    Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss The Ground

    Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    She also told me she hates driving with Mom. Mom is always yelling at her.
    My daughter said the same thing when she was learning to drive. Her mom was constantly correcting her and screaming like their lives were at risk every moment while I sat back and tried to relax and only corrected major mistakes during the ride.

    My daughter is seventeen now, has 3 speeding tickets, a suspended license, and bad grades. Not that I'm proud of any of those things, (though I'm still proud of her,) I just thought all the people that have real problem children might want to know they are not alone.

    "Okay you guys, pair up in threes!" --Yogi Berra

  11. #25
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,659

    Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss The Ground

    Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    My daughter said the same thing when she was learning to drive. Her mom was constantly correcting her and screaming like their lives were at risk every moment while I sat back and tried to relax and only corrected major mistakes during the ride.

    My daughter is seventeen now, has 3 speeding tickets, a suspended license, and bad grades. Not that I'm proud of any of those things, (though I'm still proud of her,) I just thought all the people that have real problem children might want to know they are not alone.
    My daughter loves school - I've had her checked for drugs too

    She's one of those kids that you loved to hate when you were in school.... solid grades, takes about every class available (and is good at it), volunteers for any and all committees, National Honor Society, sports, you name it.

    Now as a Dad though, I am very proud of her. She starts her Junior year next year at JVS in Animal Management. She either wants to be a veterinarian or work somewhere in the field.

    I have to sign her up for Driver's Ed; but she is also gonna have to take Dad's Ed when it comes to driving and maintenance of a car.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

  12. #26
    First Time Caller SunDeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    5,382

    Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss The Ground

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Come back and talk to me when your kids turn 16 and you're trying to figure out how to add cars to the SunDeck fleet and pay for insurance while your kids are in college. We can have a real conversation then.
    I'm pretty sure the fleet will look a lot like this:

    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

  13. #27
    Be the ball Roy Tucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Mason, OH
    Posts
    11,988

    Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss The Ground

    Jen passed her driving test this AM. Took it at the Lebanon BMV.

    While sitting there waiting while she was out taking the test, I listened to the lady taking phone calls. One person called to ask if that was where she took her boat pilot test. Yes, Lebanon is well-known as a seafaring port.

    Pay attention to the open sky

  14. #28
    SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    In the Ether
    Posts
    5,399

    Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss The Ground

    Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    My daughter loves school - I've had her checked for drugs too

    She's one of those kids that you loved to hate when you were in school.... solid grades, takes about every class available (and is good at it), volunteers for any and all committees, National Honor Society, sports, you name it.
    Sounds more like my second daughter. I have three daughters and they each seem to have received different parts of my persona. The first one has a thirst for life and couldn't care less about school. The second one has a thirst for knowledge and loves school, is the teacher's pet, etc. The third one apparently has a thirst for blood... YIKES!

    "Okay you guys, pair up in threes!" --Yogi Berra

  15. #29
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,659

    Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss The Ground

    Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    Sounds more like my second daughter. I have three daughters and they each seem to have received different parts of my persona. The first one has a thirst for life and couldn't care less about school. The second one has a thirst for knowledge and loves school, is the teacher's pet, etc. The third one apparently has a thirst for blood... YIKES!
    My daughter is the middle child and "sandwiched" between two boys. I'm still trying to figure the two buys out. If it doesn't come with a joy stick that says Nintendo or Wii they want nothing to do with it. I sometimes feel like Jed Clampett trying to talk with Jethro.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

  16. #30
    SERP Emeritus paintmered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Cbus
    Posts
    7,042

    Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss The Ground

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Jen passed her driving test this AM. Took it at the Lebanon BMV.

    While sitting there waiting while she was out taking the test, I listened to the lady taking phone calls. One person called to ask if that was where she took her boat pilot test. Yes, Lebanon is well-known as a seafaring port.
    You take that one online.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25