Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NCAA Tournament Day 4

Re: NCAA Tournament Day 4

My USC Trojans lead Texas 65-47 with 6:52 left in the game! I never expected us to beat Texas. Wow, I love Tim Floyd.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Getting kinda tired of seeing Gibson (USC) grab his chin every time he goes to the line. I personally thought the refs have been terrible in the game, 20 to 10 fouls in favor of USC.

USC knocks off Texas 87-68! Woohoo. Sweet 16! The road only gets tougher with North Carolina up next.

Here's your sweet 16:

USC
    North Carolina
    UCLA
    Pitt
    Oregon
    UNLV
    Butler
    Florida
    Memphis
    Texas A&M
    Southern Illinois
    Kansas
    Georgetown
    Vanderbilt
    Ohio State
    Tennessee

The Jayhawks put together a very workmanlike romp of Kentucky. They were never really challenged in the first two rounds, which is a nice change of pace after the past two disasterous tournaments.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Let's hear it for the SEC East, 3 teams in the sweet 16! Not bad for half a conference. A football conference at that. The SEC West didn't get any love but let me tell you, there wasn't an easy road win in the entire SEC this year. That was a very competitive conference from top to bottom. LSU didn't even make the post season this year yet they were ranked #6 at one point and were in the Final Four last year.

The PAC 10 looked good too. It's tough to keep up with them here in the eastern time zone but they were productive last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    After a slow start, I'm having an 11-1 weekend.
    I'm 38-10 over the first two rds with Kansas as my #1. Nice first weekend but this is a new week. Not really a lot of upsets so I bet a lot of people have glittery brackets at this point.

Boy, the ACC got whooped. I still contend that the way they beat each other up during the regular season caused that, but still - whooped.

And to all those who said Texas was going to beat UNC
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Turn Off Ads?