Turn Off Ads?

Thread: opening day traffic concerns

opening day traffic concerns

Is there any road construction going on downtown that I should be worried about for opening day? Last year I drove in the night before so that I didn't have to worry about any problems due to the parade. I'm considering doing the same thing again this year, which would mean driving in Sunday evening. Are there details about this year's parade or other activities that might be interesting somewhere for me to read about? Thanks in advance!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: opening day traffic concerns

I haven't heard of anything that would be a problem this year. Fountain Square is re-opened and the Suspension Bridge should be opened in about a week.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

You know, I haven't heard much about the actual construction on the ballpark that's going on. I drive back there every single day and they didn't begin work on it until after the first of the year, and even now it's still heavy-duty (both those middle lanes behind it are closed to make room for the parked construction vehicles, leaving only a lane of traffic in each direction). This CANNOT be the case on Opening Day, it would be a complete nightmare. But we're two weeks away now and I wouldn't exactly say that the batter's eye thingamathing looks like a work of complete art yet.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

When we left the hockey game friday night at 10:30, the ballpark lights were on. I was kind of surprised, but maybe they were working... overtime?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

OK, where do you locals think the best bet for parking might be OD? I was going to stay in a hotel Sunday night, but now am thinking of just arriving there mid-morning. You think there will be downtown parking? I park sometimes caddycorner from the NW corner of the Millinium- the garage that sits across the street north of the convention center. Or would Newport be a better option you think?
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    OK, where do you locals think the best bet for parking might be OD? I was going to stay in a hotel Sunday night, but now am thinking of just arriving there mid-morning. You think there will be downtown parking? I park sometimes caddycorner from the NW corner of the Millinium- the garage that sits across the street north of the convention center. Or would Newport be a better option you think?

Don't park downtown. Newport or Covington wold be better choices.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

There are several of us staying/meeting over in Newport. We haven't exactly worked out where we are gonna meet. I'm sure we're gonna bounce around a few places, but not sure. But if anyone is interested PM me. I'd like to meet up with some of you that I've never met.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Turn Off Ads?