Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Arena Football anyone???

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Arena Football anyone???

Just thought I get a feel about the popularity of the AFL...the "major league" of arena football (yeah, I know, what an oxymoron)...but I have found myself becoming a bigger and bigger fan of the arena game and our local team, the Destroyers the more I attend games. It flies in the face of what most of us baseball fans preach--less flash and noise; more emphasis on actual game play, please--but taking it for what it pretty much is, sports entertainment, I find it enjoyable.

So much that for the Destroyer opener next Saturday, my wife was able to score some front row seats--which is really nice if a football comes into the stands--you get to keep it. I find the fast paced action exciting and compared to the other "major" sport we have here in C-Bus, the NHL--much more fun to watch...so are there any other arena football fans out there??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Arena Football anyone???

The Cincinnati Jungle Kats open March 31. A bunch of the players were at the Cyclones hockey game tonight promoting the team. It was fun to get up close and personal with them... and Little Team Griffey was soaking it right up!
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

What league are the Jungle Kats in --af2?

Indoor football is so popular that Dayton has two teams. I'll get back to you on the names.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Indoor football is so popular that Dayton has two teams. I'll get back to you on the names.
    Isn't one of them the WarHawks, or something like that

no idea.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Dayton has the Cincinnati Marshals. They play at Hara Arena after losing their home to the Jungle Kats. They are part of the NIFL.

Nearby, we also have the Miami Valley Silverbacks, who are part of the CIFL and play at the Hobart Arena in Troy

Quote Originally Posted by nycredsfan View Post
    Dayton has the Cincinnati Marshals. They play at Hara Arena after losing their home to the Jungle Kats. They are part of the NIFL.

Nearby, we also have the Miami Valley Silverbacks, who are part of the CIFL and play at the Hobart Arena in Troy
    Thanks.

Never really considered it, but I bet my son would enjoy these games. He likes every possible thing about football. What do tickets cost for these games, any idea?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

It was the Warbirds. They are no more.

I went to a KC Brigade game last season. It was like watching a high school game between two teams I didn't care about. At least there was beer.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    Thanks.

Never really considered it, but I bet my son would enjoy these games. He likes every possible thing about football. What do tickets cost for these games, any idea?
    Silverback tickets start at $10. I checked.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1966 View Post
    What league are the Jungle Kats in --af2?
    I think I remember seeing somewhere that it's af2, but I can't remember where.

Here's the link to the website: http://www.junglekatsfootball.com/
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

TB, one of the things to be aware of at Arena football games is that it is LOUD. They have music going between plays and posessions plus PA announcements. I know TG isn't a big fan of loud noises so you might want to take that into account before you go to a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Arena football probably would be a hoot for kids...the flash and loud music would seem to be right up there alley...plus the games are affordable.

Turn Off Ads?