Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Former Red Germano claimed off of waivers by Padres

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Former Red Germano claimed off of waivers by Padres

Thought this was a somewhat noteworthy bit of news, Germano goes back to the team we got him from. History now turns 3 seperate trades into effectively Germano, Chick, and Randa for Eddie Guardado and Rheal Cormier.

Padres claimed RHP Justin Germano off waivers from the Phillies.

Germano, who was traded to the Reds in 2005 and the Phillies last season, is back with his original organization after Philadelphia failed in an attempt to slip him through waivers. He's out of options, so there's a good chance he'll be available on the wire again later this month. Germano is decent insurance for the rotation, but the Padres have better bullpen options.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Re: Former Red Germano claimed off of waivers by Padres

He certainly wowed them in Philly. Interesting that he slipped past 20-something teams to get to the Padres' claiming position. My guess is if the Padres waive him in another week or two he'll go unclaimed and then settle back into his career as a AAA pitcher.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I still wish the Reds would have acquired George Kottares in that deal instead of what we recieved, which wasn't much.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I still wish the Reds would have acquired George Kottares in that deal instead of what we recieved, which wasn't much.
    That certainly would have been a nice pickup. Of course what would the Reds do with a young catcher with a clue at the plate? He'd have caused an organizational head scratching epidemic.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?