Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Doo Wah Diddy, Griffey's Done, Griffey's Through (critically acclaimed song parody)

Re: Doo Wah Diddy, Griffey's Done, Griffey's Through (song parody)

Quote Originally Posted by Grounds_Crew View Post
    I vote for a ban from Redszone! Griffey is the man! Worst post ever...even though I've only been here for two months.
    Why don't you tell some more of the stories about things being thrown at Griffey by his HOME TOWN FANS. I'm sure Natty would think it's hillarious, of course I'm sure he'd just upset that no one has hit him hard enough to end his career.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Doo Wah Diddy, Griffey's Done, Griffey's Through (critically acclaimed song parod

Ban's a bit harsh. The guy or girl has expressed his or her opinion which they should be free to do. As far as I can tell it and the replies have not breached the REDSZONE rules.

That being said I still give it a big :thumbdown

Re: Doo Wah Diddy, Griffey's Done, Griffey's Through (critically acclaimed song parod

Seems like a waste of creativity. Especially as it now has that horrible song stick in my head.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Natty, not your best work (don't get discouraged, though).

But still folks...lighten up. IT'S A PARODY.

Sheesh.

Next we'll read how insensitive Weird Al was to the Amish.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Re: Doo Wah Diddy, Griffey's Done, Griffey's Through (song parody)

Quote Originally Posted by Grounds_Crew View Post
    I vote for a ban from Redszone! Griffey is the man! Worst post ever...even though I've only been here for two months.
    It's a shame cause this isn't the first attempt on anti Griffey prose.Poems,songs,anything else?It's a new season and I want all the players healthy.And God forbid the Reds make the playoffs we better D--M sure have Junior in the lineup because we'll need all the help we can get.

four thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Natty, not your best work (don't get discouraged, though).

But still folks...lighten up. IT'S A PARODY.

Sheesh.

Next we'll read how insensitive Weird Al was to the Amish.
    Agreed.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

It amazes me how people like this even think about calling themselves a Reds fan. I cannot understand not pulling for every player on the team, whether you like their performance, personalities, etc., or not.

First, God Bless America I welcome the opportunity for others to express viewpoints that might be contrary to mine (and obviously so inferior )

But isn't it amazing how we've all (myself included) become such experts, so cynical, so desiring the next great thing (all the young, unproven guys) while so quickly willing to throw out the old???...give a guy a computer, the link to some statistics and a long period of Reds mediocrity and we're all set...

I live near Orlando and although I'm not a big Magic fan, I hear/understand all the frustration at the "Grant Hill era" in Orlando...it's all to eerily similar to KGJ's time in Cincy...but to wish for Griffey's time here to end and to be happy about it just puzzles me

As the Reds have floundered along this decade, the 1 thing to enjoy is Griffey doing his thing...the most beautiful swing in baseball, the amazing catches, the clutch hitting, the star power...are his skills in decline???...absolutely...should he play in RF???...yes...has it hurt us when he's been hurt???...of course...

But I'd rather blame our failures on little things like the fact our aces this decade have included Jimmy Haynes, Paul Wilson and Corey Lidle (RIP)

I'm not a huge numbers guy, though I appreciate the value...but my eyes know what they know...I'm better off having gotten to see Griffey play in a Reds uniform...the Reds are better off having Griffey playing in their uniforms...heck, even last year the effect was dramatic...you don't think it would still today take enormous pressure off of Hamilton, EE, Dunn and Phillips to have #3 in the lineup???

Rest the hand Grif...come back healthy...have a wonderful season you are still capable of having...and let us admire you for being 1 of the top 10 greatest players in history, let us admire you for being the primary example of "respecting the game" in an era of guys who took shortcuts to achieve legendary status...

Most of all, let us try to avoid crucifying the best thing the Reds have had this decade when all the other things let us down (pitching, defense, clutch hitting by others, managing)

You cannot defeat an ignorant man in an argument!
    -William Gibbs McAdoo

Though many of us here are sure trying

Gary Redus Ruled

Duck and cover Natty.
    Hoping for another Reds October

Recovering Cubs Fan

I doubt I'll ever apologize for bashing Griffey. But I am sorry this one came across as so mean-spirited and unfunny. Thanks for all the feedback, good and bad.

Quote Originally Posted by aodaniel View Post
    It amazes me how people like this even think about calling themselves a Reds fan. I cannot understand not pulling for every player on the team, whether you like their performance, personalities, etc., or not.
    C'mon. It was a freaking joke. i repeat, it's a joke. If you didn't think it was funny, in any way, that's fine. Move along.

Natty Redlocks, I enjoy your song parody's. All of them.

While this may not have been your best work, I appreciate the humor you show in them.

Everyone else: Lighten up, Francis.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I think everyone here understands that this is Redlocks signature move on the board. He does often intend his songs to be humorous etc... However, in reading many of his posts his disdain for JR's so-called attitude is apparent. Sometimes we forget due to injuries that JR has done a lot of good for the Reds.

1. He could have retired after tearing the hamstring off the bone, yet he underwent experimental surgery and had 4 titanium screws inserted into the bone to reattach it. Plus the hours and hours of rehab where his leg had to be held in an akward position to heal properly.

2. I remember a game in which a boys grandfather had a heart-attack in the stands and died. Griffey heard about this and insisted the boy come to the dugout. He also invited the boy back to a future game where all the players showed this child an awesome experience.

3. During the HOF game Griffey was a big reason Stenson's son Kobe threw out the first pitch during the game. He contacted the HOF specifically to request this honor for Kobe. Kobe than hung out with JR in the dugout during the dreary rain filled game. Most players would have ducked out.

So if you are going to be critical of someone for a so called prima-dona attitude at least know both sides of the story before passing judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by redsupport View Post
    four thumbs up
    Another insightful post by Redsupport.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    C'mon. It was a freaking joke. i repeat, it's a joke. If you didn't think it was funny, in any way, that's fine. Move along.

Natty Redlocks, I enjoy your song parody's. All of them.

While this may not have been your best work, I appreciate the humor you show in them.

Everyone else: Lighten up, Francis.

Amen, couldn't agree more. Is Natty a huge Griffey fan? No. Has he done many Griffey p-a-r-o-d-i-e-s? yes. Has he done parodies about other players? yes. Am I looking forward to the next one? YES Is it nice to see something new and creative instead of "George Grande is horrible" (which I have actively participated in) YES
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Turn Off Ads?