Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Doo Wah Diddy, Griffey's Done, Griffey's Through (critically acclaimed song parody)

Re: Doo Wah Diddy, Griffey's Done, Griffey's Through (critically acclaimed song parod

Can he do "George Grande is horrible" in a parody?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Re: Doo Wah Diddy, Griffey's Done, Griffey's Through (song parody)

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Why don't you tell some more of the stories about things being thrown at Griffey by his HOME TOWN FANS. I'm sure Natty would think it's hillarious, of course I'm sure he'd just upset that no one has hit him hard enough to end his career.
    yeah.. or purhaps Natty is sending him death threats like the fans in Seattle before Junior requested to be traded to Cincinnati

Re: Doo Wah Diddy, Griffey's Done, Griffey's Through (critically acclaimed song parod

Grande does that just fine on his own
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I think everyone here understands that this is Redlocks signature move on the board. He does often intend his songs to be humorous etc... However, in reading many of his posts his disdain for JR's so-called attitude is apparent. Sometimes we forget due to injuries that JR has done a lot of good for the Reds.

Well I guess I haven't really paid attention, because I didn't know that this was his signature move. I haven't seen any of his other parodies, I just thought it was a random Jr sucks thread or whatever. I still think it's dumb to rip a guy who's done nothing but give his body for this game, but for what it's worth I wasn't one of the people who neg'd him.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks View Post
    This may be a bit premature. But I for one CAN'T WAIT

(To the tune of "Doo Wah Diddy Diddy" by Manfred Mann)

There he was, a just-a limping down the street
    Looks like Junior Griffey, Griffey’s done, Griffey’s through
    Fracturing wristbones and-a spraining both his feet
    Singin’ Junior Griffey, Griffey’s done, Griffey’s through

He’s not young (he’s not young)
    He’s not fast (he’s not fast)
    He’s not young, he’s not fast
    His little son can kick his ass

Before we know it, he’ll be back on the DL
    He’s as rundown as a sleazy old motel

He’s not juiced (he’s not juiced)
    There’s no need (there’s no need)
    He’s not juiced, there’s no need
    Geritol is more his speed

Whoa whoa whoa, we knew he was falling apaaaaart
    Yes we did, and now I hear he’s a greeter at the new Wal-Mart

Now he’s been hurt in nearly every single way
    He's in danger just a-learning to crochet

Junior Griffey, Griffey’s done, Griffey’s through
    Junior Griffey, Griffey’s done, Griffey’s through

What a stupid post. Grow up.

In other news, a discussion about baseball broke out today on a baseball fan site known as "Redszone".

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Natty, not your best work (don't get discouraged, though).

But still folks...lighten up. IT'S A PARODY.

Sheesh.

Next we'll read how insensitive Weird Al was to the Amish.

There's a difference between Weird Al's songs and someone joking about someone getting hurt while they are busting their behinds to help us. A few years ago Griffey's shoulder was 50% torn and literally hanging on by a thread. Yet he continued to play and hit a big homerun against the Yankees. Yet we're supposed laugh at somebody making a song ripping the guy!?
    Last edited by Rocket_Fuel; 03-20-2007 at 08:50 PM.

Re: Doo Wah Diddy, Griffey's Done, Griffey's Through (song parody)

Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks View Post
    Let me clarify: I'm not wishing any more injuries on Junior. What I can't wait for is the whole intensely disappointing Griffey era to be over. I'd love to see him accept or even embrace a new role as a complementary player. I've seen little evidence (apart from his agent saying the things Jr. himself has never said before) that he understands that what's best for the team is more important than his superstar ego. So, yes, great as he was as a Seattle Mariner, he's been practically nothing but a huge disappointment as a Red. His physical decline has been steadily evident for years. If he were a horse, they'd have finished the job long ago.

All I'm really saying is, it's time to move on. Thank you.

Take a look at his numbers last year, that makes your comment about him being a horse put out to pasture stupid.

Last year, despite playing 109 games, 27 homeruns 72 RBIs. But, the year before, playing 128 games he put up 35 homeruns 92 RBIs 148 hits. Yeah, lets put that horse out to pasture.

You're not funny, your opinion is uninformed and your attempt at a joke bombed. I think it's time for you to move on before you embarass yourself even more. Thank you.
    Last edited by Rocket_Fuel; 03-20-2007 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    C'mon. It was a freaking joke. i repeat, it's a joke. If you didn't think it was funny, in any way, that's fine. Move along.

Natty Redlocks, I enjoy your song parody's. All of them.

While this may not have been your best work, I appreciate the humor you show in them.

Everyone else: Lighten up, Francis.
    Well said. I feel the same.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Somehow, I doubt there'd be many people on the "good natured fun" bandwagon if someone in Pittsburgh wrote a song about Carson Palmer's knee getting torn up by Kimo Von Oelhoffen called "I cried when I got hit by the D-End" (to the tune of the Beatles "I get by with a little help from my friends")

I guess if you find watching the career of one of the greatest players in any of our lifetimes end prematurely due to injury funny, this song is OK. I dunno -- as a Reds fan and a baseball fan, not my particular cup of tea.

Just IMO.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I love Griffey and Hope he has a Great Year, But MAN That was Some Funny stuff. I was laughing My A Off :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Somehow, I doubt there'd be many people on the "good natured fun" bandwagon if someone in Pittsburgh wrote a song about Carson Palmer's knee getting torn up by Kimo Von Oelhoffen called "I cried when I got hit by the D-End" (to the tune of the Beatles "I get by with a little help from my friends")

I guess if you find watching the career of one of the greatest players in any of our lifetimes end prematurely due to injury funny, this song is OK. I dunno -- as a Reds fan and a baseball fan, not my particular cup of tea.

Just IMO.
    I think this is where I stand. I've thought Natty Redlock's parodies have been funny in the past. But this one seems a bit too mean-spirited to me.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

As a dedicated poster, can I ask for a ban on all song parody's?

You have to realize something.

This was a joke, that turned sour to do a bitter struggle thats been highlighted in the media over Griffey, rightfield and centerfield. Any other time would this joke have been okay? Perhaps, would it have been funnier at the end of 2005 when Griffey was come back player? Precisely. It was just the wrong time for a joke, however some of you are taking too far with your replies.

If you didn't think it was funny, just state it but don't be little the poster or tell him to shut up and leave.

Funny how we feel bad for making fun of Bubba's number fan, but a poster who's been around awhile cracks a bad joke and off with their head!
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Turn Off Ads?