Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Rate this team:

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Rate this team:

This is my final league, I just got done doing it with some friends.

12 teams 25 rounds.

Categories are Runs, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS, Pitching: Wins, ERA, Saves, K, WHIP

C:Russell Martin
    1b: Lance Berkman
    2b: Chris Burke
    3b: Aramis Ramirez
    SS: Felipe Lopez
    OF: Carl Crawford
    OF: Hideki Matsui
    OF Alex Rios
    Util: Derek Lee
    Util: Frank Thomas
    Bench: Delmon Young, B.J. Upton

Pitching:
    Felix Hernandez
    Chris Young
    Chien-Ming Wang
    Chris Capuano
    Derek Lowe
    John Patterson
    Zach Duke
    Jason Jennings
    Zach Miner
    Anthony Reyes
    Tim Lincecum
    RP: Joel Zumaya, Akinori Otsuka

I went a little pitching heavy, thinking the quantity over quality strategy might work best. As far as the offense goes, i think the Runs category will be where I have the most trouble.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Re: Rate this team:

are you intentionally punting saves? Runs may be an issue but not compared to saves unless both Gagne and Jones are replaced by Zumaya and Otsuka. I wouldn't be counting on that, so I'd definitely be shopping for a closer or 2
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Yeah, I was at the back end of the draft and guys started snatching up closers before I usually like to, so by the time it came back around to me I felt I'd cede saves and see if I could go for something as far as trades went.

SP may be too young as well! Looks like you have some power. I would be tempted to put Rios on the bench and go with Young or even Upton if he plays everyday. Upton can give you SBs.

Turn Off Ads?