Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Sick

Sick

This sucks.

Constant fever, painful coughing, achey, light headed, and a headache.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sick

My advice to you is drink heavily!!
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    This sucks.

Constant fever, painful coughing, achey, light headed, and a headache.
    And you're not the one who's pregnant.

Sorry to hear you are not well. Hopefully it won't last long.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Haven't we talked about sympathy pains yet?

You'll get used to them.

Watch what you eat, though.

It's easy for a guy to gain almost as much weight as his pregant wife.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

She is sick too, actually that is how I am sick. She went to the doctor and they said it was an upper respitory infection/bronchitis, but I've had bronchitis several times and this seems different. I don't ever remember having fevers, and there always seemed to be flem coughed up.

I'm okay on the eating, but I'm not so sure about her. She uses being pregnant as an excuse to eat 38293423 pounds of food per meal. We must be having triplets because she eats enough for 4

Man I had something like that, I was traveling on business to NY. Absolutely the worst.

Can't breath, can't cough! Hope you guys get feeling better!
    In those things which we commit to practice we can master, and with mastery we have the freedom to use these skills whenever we desire, without this practice we are slaves to our inability.

She is sick too, actually that is how I am sick. She went to the doctor and they said it was an upper respitory infection/bronchitis, but I've had bronchitis several times and this seems different. I don't ever remember having fevers, and there always seemed to be flem coughed up.
    Did you go to the Dr.? The fever could be a sign of infection, or pneumonia.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Better listen to George, he is pre-med.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

She uses being pregnant as an excuse to eat 38293423 pounds of food per meal. We must be having triplets because she eats enough for 4
    That figure you threw out there was funny!

As for your illness, TS, I can sympathize to an extent. I felt it come on a week ago this past Sunday and spent my weeklong vacation moping around the house with sneezing, coughing, and lethargy. I never ran a fever, though. I think it was seasonal allergies, although if that's what it was, it hit me harder than ever before. Ten days later, I'm still coughing.

I'm okay on the eating, but I'm not so sure about her. She uses being pregnant as an excuse to eat 38293423 pounds of food per meal. We must be having triplets because she eats enough for 4
    You can't imagine how hungry you are when you are pregnant. It's all-consuming. When I was preggers I would eat a pound of turkey every day. Among other things.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by creek14 View Post
    You can't imagine how hungry you are when you are pregnant. It's all-consuming. When I was preggers I would eat a pound of turkey every day. Among other things.
    ... and what you eat changes as well. My wife wouldn't touch a steak/Red Meat before getting pregnant. During the pregnancy we went out for steak/red meat all the time. (WooHoo!) Pretty much immedietely after the pregnancy, no steak/red meat again.

GL

Had the same symptoms with a very sore throat in January. Went to the doctor and they told me that it was "Viral" and couldn't be treated with anti-biotics. Just have to tough it out, they told me. Didn't get any sleep for three nights in a row and my throat was getting so swollen that it was getting hard to breathe. Went on line for a sore throat remedy and found a site that said to gargle warm water with cayenne pepper, every 20 minutes. I was ready to try anything at that point. Wasn't as bad as I imagined. Started gargling at 3:00 am and by 6:00 am, my throat was almost completely better. Amazing! I have started to get a sore throat a couple of times since then, and I did the gargling and it has eliminated the sore throat both times. Try it if you dare!

Quote Originally Posted by creek14 View Post
    Tell me about it. When my wife was pregnant, I almost pulled back a bloody stump when I tried to snatch the last pork chop from in front of her.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

My wife doesn't discriminate against food, she eats it all. lol The only thing so far that she has noticed that she dislikes now (but liked before) is Cranberry juice.

No, haven't went to the doctor. When she went she asked them what I should take and they told her sudafed, so I went and picked up a cheap version of it.

Turn Off Ads?